Western Oaks Baptist Church (WOBC)
5345 Old Jacksonville Road
Springfield, IL 62711
Denomination: Southern Baptist
Start Date: Negotiable
Employment Type: Full-Time
The pastor is expected to work in a spiritual brotherhood, first with the elders but also with paid staff and elected volunteer leaders, moving the church into missioned engagement for the advancement of God’s Kingdom (Matthew 16:13-19).
Under God’s guidance, and with the elders’ confirmation, the lead pastor shall establish ministry goals for the church and monitor and report on their progress.
The pastor shall be responsible for the teaching program of the church and provide leadership and direction for ministries.
The pastor shall give direction to the corporate worship of the church and work with staff and volunteers to ensure effective weekly worship.
* The pastor shall serve as head of staff, giving guidance to staff, both paid and volunteer. He shall be responsible for hiring, review, and dismissal of staff as needed, in consultation with the elders.
- The pastor leads in the design and implementation of effective evangelism strategies and programs for the church, including the training of church members in evangelistic outreach. The pastor is expected to personally model evangelistic engagement of
* The pastor gives overall leadership and oversight to the care giving ministry of the church, including members, regular attenders, and others who seek out spiritual counsel and help from the church.
* The pastor is expected to demonstrate his commitment to the “equipping of the saints” (Ephesians 4:12) and actively implement plans that equip God’s people for effective service in the life of the church.
* The pastor is to maintain the highest of personal standards and integrity, ensuring that nothing about his life will bring reproach on the name of Jesus or the testimony of the church. If, at any point, he deems his life or witness does
not live up to the biblical standard, he shall voluntary excuse himself from pastoral leadership.
It is expected that the pastor is personally supportive of the theology and missions effort of the Southern Baptist Convention and will lead the church accordingly. He shall express this through his commitment to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 and
missions giving through the Cooperative Program and the convention’s special missions offerings.
The pastor shall be actively involved in all aspects of the life of the church and will lead his wife and family to regular and consistent participation in the life and ministry of the church.
Preferred Education, Master of Divinity from an SBC Seminary.
Experience preferred, minimum 5 years experience in a major leadership
position within the church.
Man who has demonstrated an ability to lead a church of 325-500 or has
worked in a pastoral capacity in a church that size.
The biblical qualifications of elder apply to the pastor (1 Timothy 3 and Titus1). In addition, the lead pastor shall have demonstrated ability to teach and preach, evidence of a shepherd’s heart and calling, and spiritual maturity and devotional life
that will serve as a worthwhile example for the congregation. In addition, the elders may establish educational requirements for pastoral candidates as will benefit the church.
Committed to working as part of an elder led environment with a level of congregational polity.
Affirm and accept the Western Oaks Baptist Church’s Statement of Faith and church covenant.
Pastor who is willing to work with a multi generational church family in a contemporary approach to ministry.
Competitive compensation and benefit package which commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates should forward a complete application package to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This package should include the following:
Cover letter with general background information.
A personalized document addressing the following:
A) Share your conversion story.
B) Share your calling to the ministry.
C) Share your philosophy of pastoral ministry.
For more information, please review the following links for WOBC story at westernoaks.org. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Must be able to pass a background check and successful completion of reference checks.
Resumes accepted and considered through December 7, 2015.
WOBC Pastor Search Team will initiate contact with interested and qualified candidates.