Director of Children’s Ministry
(Preschool – 5th grade)
Full Time, Exempt Position
Reports to Executive Pastor
Salary Range beginning at $32,000
Who Are We?
Mission of First United Methodist Church in Jefferson City: To Be An Irresistible Catalyst of Change for the Love of Jesus Christ.
We are a downtown, 100-year-old church that’s working to be a community where people from all backgrounds can share the Good News of Christ’s Love with special emphasis on: Reaching out to those outside the church, Touching those who are suffering, and Nurturing positive social change; So that more and more people can feel themselves part of the family of God.”.
Our church has seen consistent growth the last three years, especially within the children’s ministry arena.
Who We Are Looking For?
PROFESSIONALLY, the Children’s Ministry Director is a …
- Visionary: able to cast a vision that will engage a new generation of children and families in a life with Jesus
- Catalyst: able to initiate rapid growth and take Children’s Ministry to the next level of depth and breathe.
- Excitement-generator: exudes contagious enthusiasm and excitement.
- Bridge-builder: values the importance of building authentic and meaningful connections between our children and the larger congregation.
- Seeker: always looking for ways to invite and welcome new families and children into The Gathering community.
- Relationship-builder: connects with children’s in authentic and meaningful ways, and equips them to be active and engaged members of the body of Christ.
- Team-builder: is passionate about the recruitment, development, training, and support of those who teach and lead our children’s.
- Encourager: encourages and supports those caring for our children’s.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Children’s Ministry Director will . . .
- Builds teams: accurately assesses the human resources required to provide excellent children ministry and engages lay members to fulfill those requirements.
- Collaborates: connect with children and their families throughout the week and grow children’s ministry.
- Provides leadership of community based activities designed to invite and meet family needs. (For example: movie nights, holiday events, VBS, summer day camps, city events…) and is accountable to Minister to Families for carrying out the mission and vision and the discipleship process as it relates specifically to children.
- Disciples: guides children’s as they grow in their faith and leads them to become deeply committed followers of Christ.
- Equips: creates a strong foundation for equipping care-givers to assume the primary responsibility for their kid’s spiritual formation at home through regular participation in organized worship.
- Connects: uses creative avenues, including social media, to connect with children’s throughout the week and grow children ministry
- Obtain a Ministry Mentor within the field of Children’s Ministry.
- Ensures safety: develops, implements, and adheres to our Safe Sanctuary policy.
- Is present: maintains a visible presences among staff, within the community, at weekend worship, and special events. Presence is also required on Christmas Eve and Easter.
- Be aware of the latest trends and information related to this field.
- Develop relationship with in house, shared space Pre-school.
SUCCESS as the Children’s Ministry Director is defined by . . .
- Discipleship: children’s will engage in the six areas of our discipleship plan.
- Growth in breadth: an ever-increasing number of children’s will be attending weekly worship, and participating in Children group and special events.
- Growth in depth: a growing number of children’s will move from casual participation to deeply devoted followers of Christ.
- Growth in influence and impact: a growing number of hours which incorporate breadth and depth of connecting children and non-churched children with Christ.
- Volunteer development: a growing number of reliable, effective, and aligned volunteers are sustaining the ministry.
- Clarity of vision: children’s will understand and identify with First UMC’s Vision and Mission.
- Effective curriculum: the development and implementation of a curriculum and format for teaching that ensures that children are meeting learning benchmarks.
- Evident outcomes: effective assessment tools provide evidence that indicates kids are meeting learning benchmarks.
- Empowerment: increasing number of care-givers will report feeling better equipped to guide their kids’ spiritual formation.
- Palpable excitement: there is a shared enthusiasm among adults and a felt sense of excitement among children’s to such an extent that children’s are putting church at the top of their priorities.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistriesWhittier Area Community Church
- Whittier, California
- October 20
Children's PastorArlington Assembly
- Arlington, Washington
- October 19
Elementary Ministry CoordinatorNewSong Church
- San Dimas, California
- October 19
First United Methodist Church Jefferson City
First United Methodist Church is a welcoming community of faith that seeks to fall in love with God, to follow Christ, and to serve others. Our vision is that everyone connected to our church will grow in their commitment to belong, believe, and become a blessing in the name of Christ. More...