***TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK HERE: http://goo.gl/tvlPFa***
POSITION TITLE: Family Life Pastor
LOCATION: Champaign-Urbana, IL
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 350+ and growing
This position is a great opportunity for student ministry candidates at a super, growing church that is focused on their students and families. Their goal as a church is to build a community to reach a community. They are contemporary and offer a strong appeal to the younger people who comprise a majority of the area. The Family Life Pastor will serve as the Student Pastor and will also oversee the Director of the Children's Ministry.
This is a great position for the person who is ‘sold out’ to student ministry to come in and transform the face of their current ministry. The new Family Life Pastor will have freedom to develop and implement their vision. The church has a wonderful facility with a youth sanctuary, youth café with great table games and an indoor gym with basketball. They also have their own soccer field and other space, as well as tons of small group rooms and space to grow.
Some of the qualifications that the right person for this position will have: a 4-year degree, at least 1 year working in Student Ministry (Intern experience will be considered), be a visionary, love to see students come to the Lord and grow in their faith, a mentor, an encourager, and a teacher.
The community is amazing -- very student-focused -- and people move here for their great schools. So, there are always new families and new opportunities. The Senior Pastor is very supportive and totally believes in the impact of student ministries. The church has a great group of kids with supportive parents who give in myriad ways.
The area has a strong economy--many College as well as business/banking employees, with the majority of people being in their mid-30’s. There is a heavy focus on kids via school and sports. FCA is a big deal here -- schools are on board with it, and FCA also supports the student ministry.
This church is growing and it’s a great time of change. It’s a chance to come in and be a part of a young and exciting team. The church has great facilities, a great team and a ripe student mission field. Put this together with a tremendous base of supportive church members, and it is obvious that this is a great opportunity for the right person!
- Be a model of Christ’s love to the students, their families, the volunteers, and with all those with whom you have the opportunity to interact
- Oversee Jr. and Sr. High student programming during the week and on Sunday morning
- Implement relational theology that offers pragmatic teaching, discipleship and opportunity to grow and serve domestically
- Mentor, encourage, affirm, and train volunteers to serve alongside of you in student ministry
- Interact with students at schools, including visiting campuses and attending extracurricular activities, etc.
- Work with our Children’s Director to insure solid "hand off" between 5th and 6th grade
- Help with church-wide ministries (Outreaches, community service, etc.)
- Connect with school leaders – students and adults
- Plan, oversee, and lead student ministry retreats, trips and events for students to connect/serve throughout the year
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Four-year degree from an accredited College/University
- Minimum of 1 year successful experience in Student Ministry—Intern experience will be considered
- Passionate about youth and their relationship with the Lord
- Someone who wants to live, eat and breathe Student Ministries
- Possess thoughtful, biblically-based, decision-making skills
- Mature person who has skills in dealing with parents, hard situations in youth, personal experience in making and owning mistakes, struggles in their own life
- A leader but someone who is willing to "get in the mix"—do whatever is needed/whatever it takes attitude
- A team player and thinker; a contributor to the WHOLE church
- Understand that Youth Ministry hours can be different and involve more than ‘regular’ office hours
- Resonate with youth, loves to be in the mix with them, but is able to a respected leader
- Assertive, aggressive, has a "get it done" attitude, but understands and respects the leadership
- Confident but humble enough to receive constructive criticism
- Self-directed and multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills—both verbal and written
***TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE CLICK HERE: http://goo.gl/tvlPFa ***
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Ministries DirectorChrist Church of Orlando
- Orlando, Florida
- September 30
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Children's Ministry DirectorLutheran Church of Hope - Ankeny Campus
- Ankeny, Iowa
- September 29
Student PastorCrosspoint Church
- Saint Louis, Missouri
- September 28
Youth DirectorPleasant Home Community Church
- Gresham, Oregon
- September 28
MinisterSearch is the most successful church staff search firm in the United States. Over the years, we have worked with thousands of pastoral staff as they’ve pursued God’s calling in their ministries. With years of church staff experience, our consultants understand the relational aspects of ministry. We know the challenges you face when trying to determine your next steps in ministry.
Our role is to help you determine what the best position for you is. Sometimes, we recommend candidates stay exactly wher More...