Apply here: http://www.vanderbloemen.com/jobs/liberty-christian-fellowship-associate-pastor
Liberty Christian Fellowship seeks to build a devoted followership of Jesus who glorify and serve Him through relevant worship, caring relationships, biblical teaching, and practical ministry.
Established in 1985 as a result of a spiritual directive received by Founding Pastor Kim May, Liberty Christian Fellowship has grown from a small group of six faithful Christians, to a globally impactful church of 1,600 filled with spiritual maturity and
passionate purpose for His Kingdom. Looking back, the church's history affords its leaders and members a clear picture of God's grace, as well as a faithful reminder that apart from Christ, they can do nothing, but with Him, all things are possible.
The purpose of the position of Associate Pastor is to assist the Lead Pastor, Tim Fritson, in areas of church development and growth, especially as it relates to care ministries. They will assist in all pastoral duties, including development of leaders,
creating ways to enhance discipleship within the church, as well as mission outside the church. Pastoral duties include, but are not limited to, shepherding, pastoral counseling, premarital coaching, performing weddings, funerals, water baptism, and child
dedication, pulpit rotation, prayer for the sick, teaching, and discipling among many others.
The effective Associate Pastor will achieve the following goals during the first 24 months of work:
- Adhere to LCF’s Values, Doctrine, and Biblical Guidelines for Personal Discipleship and Ministry.
- Demonstrate loyalty to and unity with LCF, the church staff, the Leadership Team and the Lead Pastor.
- Pastoral Care – provide pastoral care as needed; develop and provide leadership and guidance for Pastoral Care Team, delegating to them when appropriate.
- Outreach – set goals with Lead Pastor; oversee and pastor volunteer leaders of ministry teams that work in the community and domestically; develop outreach culture by casting vision and creating opportunities to serve those outside of LCF.
- Ministry Teams – set goals with Lead Pastor; oversee and pastor volunteer leaders of ministry teams, including women’s and men’s ministries, pre-marital counseling, and others; meet with people interested in forming new ministry teams.
- Small Groups – assist Associate Pastor over small groups, setting goals, recruiting, training, deploying, and pastoring small group leaders and coaches; assist with multiplication of small groups and visit small groups as requested; assist
with regular training for future and current leaders.
- Assimilation – help people make connections relationally and in ministry; assist with helping people find their place of ministry following the Spiritual Gifts Workshop.
- Sunday Services – provide hospitality, prayer, and assimilation before, during and after services; participate in leading/teaching during services as requested.
- The Vine – lead during the Vine as requested; provide hospitality, leadership, assimilation before, during and after the Vine.
- Other Services and Events – plan special services, such as Passion Week, as directed by the Lead Pastor; plan and conduct weddings, funerals, and various meetings.
- Any additional duties as designated by Lead Pastor.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working in a setting committed to reaching the unreached, working within a community, and promoting innovation through collaboration. They will show a high degree of effectiveness in servant leadership,
taking initiative in a supportive role, communication, public speaking, and involvement in formal worship services. Although formal education is not a requirement for this position, it is preferred that the candidate has significant experience in Pastoral
Care, Small Groups, or a related ministry field.
What began as a frontier trading post on the Missouri River in 1822 has blossomed into a thriving center of commerce and cultural activity. Liberty, Missouri, boasts of its thriving business sector, progressive housing market, and rich heritage that dates
back to the legendary Jesse James’ gang riding through the historic downtown square. The combination of a burgeoning business community with quiet neighborhoods makes Liberty an excellent place to raise a family and locate a business. Major interstates, both
north to south and east to west, connect Liberty to the state, and the rest of the country, with the nearby Kansas City International Airport offering convenient accessibility to major domestic and global cities. The city is also in close proximity to diverse
attractions such as Science City at Union Station, Kansas City Zoo, Kansas Speedway, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun theme parks, as well as major sports teams—Chiefs, Royals, Outlaws, Wizards, and T-Bones. Liberty, Missouri was
ranked #3 Best Town for Families (Family Circle, 2011), and ranked #7 Best Places to Live (Money Magazine, 2011). With diverse shopping, dining, cultural, and recreational options, Liberty has something for everyone.