6874 Wiley Road, Douglas, MI
Job Description Title: Executive Pastor
Reporting Relationship: Lead Pastor and Board of Trustees
Date: October 15, 2015
- Assist the Lead Pastor and Board implementing the vision of the church, to preach, shepherd, and lead the congregation.
- Under direction of the Lead Pastor, coordinate and organize the programs of the church, aligned with the established goals, working towards maximizing the effectiveness of each program.
- With the Lead Pastor, Board Treasurer, and Finance Committee, develop annual financial plans and assist in the financial viability and health of the congregation.
- Champion the infrastructure development for all ministry and support areas that encourages healthy, long-term growth of the church and increasingly seek to maximize uses of the current facilities.
- Serve with the Lead Pastor and Personnel Committee, acting as the Human Resource Manager planning, implementing, and evaluating staff and Human Resource policies, programs, and practices.
- Support the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness, evaluation, discernment, decision-making, planning, and overall direction of church staff.
- Under the direction of the Lead Pastor, lead, teach, and preach Biblically based truths, supporting individual and small group growth and discipleship.
- The Executive Pastor must possess the qualities as mentioned in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:7-9 of the Holy Bible:
- Must be blameless, vigilant, just, hospitable, patient, sober, and of good behavior.
- Must be self-controlled, must love to do what is good, and must be disciplined and upright.
- If married, must be married to only one spouse of opposite sex and must be apt to teach.
- Must not be self-willed, must not be a drunkard, must not be greedy for money, must not be a brawler, and must not be covetous.
- Must be able to handle own family well.
- Must not be a novice and should have the spiritual maturity to handle the responsibility, or else may be filled with pride and fall in to the condemnation of the devil.
- Must hold firmly to the truth, in order to encourage people with the truth, as well as confute those who oppose it.
- Must be set out to serve God.
- Must be trustworthy, diligent, and responsible.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a senior leader in a corporate business environment.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Technology, or other related field.
- Seminary Master’s degree completed or near completion.
Administration / Leadership / Problem Solving (50% / 25-30 hours per week)
- Lead all day-to-day activities of church administration such as overseeing preparation of weekly bulletins, production of newsletters, writing press releases, full membership communications, and technology information dissemination.
- Facilitate the annual strategic planning process including evaluation of ministry performance; review of mission, vision, and core values; development of key objectives and tactics; and establishment of three-, five-, and ten-year goals.
- Act as Chief Security Officer establishing and maintaining security, compliance, background screening, emergency procedures and response, security systems and children’s check-ins.
- Hire administrative staff, establishing and managing staff activities, goals, and performance through Key Performance Measures that provide the Lead Pastor and Board with ongoing visible effectiveness of all church functioning areas.
- Ensure each staff member works and cooperates spiritually and professionally with all staff members, church members, volunteers, and visitors, serving as chief facilitator and peacemaker.
- Review, formulate, and recommend policies and procedures to the Lead Pastor and Board for improvements in church operations.
- Recruit and manage teams of people for short-term ministry projects, acquiring and assigning volunteers and resources; oversee progress, assist, and direct to ensure vision and goals are properly accomplished.
Pastoral Care / Fellowship / Church Growth / Missions (35% / 15-20 hours per week)
- Participate in designated worship and festive services, weddings, and funeral services.
- Assist Lead Pastor with orienting newcomers and new leaders.
- Coordinate Care Ministry with Lead Pastor making visitations to all requesters and those with ongoing needs.
- Support ministries, programs, and initiatives of Parish Nurse, Stephen Ministry, Health Advisory Committee, and lay led pastoral care.
- Support the ministry staff in the establishment and ongoing direction of ministries that effectively reach the church’s current and desired demographic, insuring the accomplishment of the overall missions.
- Support outreach programs of missions and evangelism.
Worship / Teaching / Education (15% / 10 hours per week)
- Preach inspirational, Biblically based sermons with substance and life application, when requested and participate in designated worship services, coordinated with the Lead Pastor.
- Ensure availability before and after worship services for fellowship with church attendees.
- Ensure proper follow up by assigned staff members for all new service attenders, prayer requests, and visitation or other requests.
- Foster opportunities for educational growth and lead Bible studies on a regular basis.
- Create an atmosphere that promotes spiritual growth for all ages and stages of life, being passionate about growing and supporting the next generation of the church.
- Coach individuals in making disciples of Jesus Christ, recruiting, training, and motivating so that the church sends leaders into the world to carry forward the message of Christ.
- Ensure each small group, committee, and ministry has a volunteer leader or facilitator with appropriate administrative support.
- Support all leaders of the Board, small groups, and ministries, providing assistance during challenges and promoting the evangelistic purpose of all small groups.
Emotional Stability / Character
- Possess the ability to work with uncertainty and stay calm under pressure, knowing that as a senior leader, duties, responsibilities, and expectations will shift, ebb, and change together with the Lead Pastor.
- Ability and desire to, and intentional in relationship building specifically with the Lead Pastor to ensure and develop trust, reliability, and same thinking.
- Set appropriate personal boundaries for relationships with staff, members of the church, and community.
- Exemplify the presence of God through prayer.
- Demonstrate team building and be a team player, possessing a servant’s heart.
- Meet weekly on a formal basis with Lead Pastor, providing updates on ministries, finances, and administrative staff and activities.
- Willing to work the hours necessary to accomplish vision and goals.
- Desirous to serve in a long-term position and understand the need to pace oneself.
- Practice future thinking and be conscious of cultural trends and technology.
- Know that God does not call the equipped, but equips the called.
- Establish a personal Sabbath.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Executive Pastor of OperationsBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- November 29
Executive Pastor of MinistriesBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- November 29