Pastor to Single Adults
First Baptist Church
Position Description: The Pastor of Single Adults will work under the direction of the Pastor of Ministries.
Serves the church by developing, coordinating and administering an effective and comprehensive singles ministry for the church and providing leadership to volunteers involved in this ministry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an educational ministry for Single Adults.
- Administer the work of the Departments of Single Adults by encouraging teamwork and mutual support.
- Develop ABS classes and groups as needed, by age definition, career, gender and interest.
- Provide a singles mid-week fellowship/educational opportunities.
- Encourage singles to participate in mission opportunities.
- Provide small groups for nurturing singles adults, divorce recovery, grief recovery, and 12 step programs, etc.
- Provide fellowship events, retreats, banquets, etc.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluation progress regularly.
- Recruit, develop and disciple single adult leaders.
10. Teach in the Adult Education Program.
Assist Single Adults as they grow in Grace and Faith.
Encourage single adults to develop healthy relationships with all members of the church family as they mature in their faith.
General Ministerial Duties
- Perform other ministerial duties as assigned by the Pastor of Ministries including administer ordinances, conduct religious worship services, perform marriages, conduct funerals and visit the sick.
- Work with appropriate committees, officers and leaders in carrying out the Single Adult Ministry of the church.
- Attend staff meetings and retreats.