First Baptist Church Bryan, Texas
The Business Administrator is responsible to the Senior Pastor for assigned operational and administrative duties and oversight responsibilities.
The Business Administrator works under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and will work with the appropriate committees, teams, and church leaders to set goals, determine priorities, establish programs, and coordinate a calendar which will lead
the church to accomplish its mission.
DUTIES AND OVERSIGHT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Finance Committee in the development of the annual budget
- Administer, in cooperation with the Finance Committee, all church funds in conformity with the adopted budgets and policies
- Administer the business and financial affairs of the church pertaining to loans, legal matters, insurance, taxes, and personnel records
- Provide for the maintenance of complete records pertaining to church properties and finances
- Coordinate funding for special projects in cooperation with the appropriate church leaders, staff, and committees
- Establish and operate an effective plan of financial record keeping and reporting
- Oversee development, maintenance, and use of the Church website
- Supervise the computer network administration
- Oversee the work of administrative and financial support staff through supervision, training, evaluation and development
- Oversee the church calendaring process, including room and equipment usage
- Assist with the review of health insurance and related benefits for church employees and report to the Personnel Committee regarding recommended changes
- Assist with the review of property and casualty insurance, make recommendations to the Finance Committee regarding coverage, and handle claims as related to these policies
- Oversee the Transportation Ministry of the church and serve as staff assistant to the Transportation Committee
Position Description | Business Administrator
- Oversee the use of the Buchanan Missionary Residence and serve as staff assistant to the Missionary Resident Committee
- Assist with the development and use of Dogwood Cove Retreat Center and serve as staff assistant to the Dogwood Cove Committee
- Conduct risk management inventories and make recommendations for improvements to the Senior Pastor
- Oversee maintenance of accurate records of all educational organizations, including the church membership roll
- Maintain an inventory of office and church equipment and furnishings and recommend purchase of new equipment and furnishings
- Oversee and conduct personnel performance evaluation of those outlined in the Leadership Team Structure as dictated by the personnel policies
- Oversee the care, maintenance, and upkeep of the buildings, grounds, and equipment in cooperation with the Properties Committee and the Building Superintendent
- Keep abreast of latest trends, methods, and materials as related to church administration.
- Serve as staff assistant for appropriate committees and teams
- Establish and oversee appropriate internal controls in cooperation with a CPA that protects the employees, members, and Church from loss due to neglect or actions of bad faith
- Serve as the staff representative for the following committees: Properties Committee, Food Service Committee, History Committee
- Serve as an officer of the FBC Foundation, and the Thompson Creek Cemetery Association.
- Accept other assignments as agreed upon by the Senior Pastor