OverView of Position:
The Associate/Assimilation pastor is to be "Grace in Action" through preaching,caring, and leading God's people at First Baptist Church.
He will be expected to faithfully minister in accordance to FBCU policies, vision and doctrine as well as believe and support the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
His primary responsiblities will be connecting people in FBCU's family specifically new believers and attenders.
He should have a minimum of 8 years experience in full time ministry and meet the Biblical qualifications of a pastor (!Tim:1-7, Titus 1:7-9)
1. Have a strong calling to lead people to Jesus Christ.
2. Provide leadership, growth and innovation to FBCU's ministry and volunteer programs with a goal of engaging 60% of Sunday attendance in meaningful ministry on a weekly basis.
3. Organize, oversee, and participate in a visitation program for hospital, homebound and nursing home, etc.
4. Create and lead an assimilation program to move attenders and those who make decisions to become fully developing members. This includes but not limited to, follow-up with first time guests, next step decisions, new believer follow-up and care, and leading
people to understand Baptism and attending membership class.
5. Create and implement a ministry to reach the unchurched by equiping FBCU members to make a difference in our community.
6. Perform weddings and funerals as assigned by Senior Pastor
7. Must be a self starter with strong interpersonal skills and be a creative thinker.
8. The pastor will be an effective teacher who communicates the Grace and Truth of God's Word, both topically and expositionally.
9. Share Pastorial care, thru counseling, mentoring and visitation.
10. Be involved in weekly staff meetings.
11. Be willing to transition some roles and responsiblities to or from other staff members as time, need and gifts allow. Perform other duties as assigned.
12. Must be a team player and work with staff both paid and volunteer. Will communicate openly and effectively to those he works with.