Pastor of Youth Ministries Job Description
Springbrook Community Church is searching for a full –time youth pastor. Springbrook’s mission statement is to develop passionate followers of Jesus Christ. Springbrook was started by our current pastor, Dan Harrison, 19 years ago. After meeting in a
school for 9 years, we have been in our building for the last 10 years in Huntley, IL, a northwestern suburb of Chicago, IL. We have an average attendance of about 450 in our two weekend service. We have a warm and welcoming family that is committed to disciplemaking.
Springbrook is part of Converge Worldwide.
The Youth Pastor shall have responsibility for the spiritual and administrative leadership of the Junior and Senior High Ministries of Springbrook as well as other responsibilities. The Youth Pastor will be responsible for overall development and implementation
of ministry programs, classes, and events. Every potential means of ministry should purpose to fulfill Christ’s great commandment and great commission for the glory of the Father.
Youth Pastor’s Spiritual Life
1. Be committed to a strong relationship with God, as evidenced by a healthy devotional and moral lifestyle.
2. Be committed to a strong family life, as evidenced by the quality of the relationship with their spouse,
their relationship with their children and have the ability to effectively manage their finances.
3. Be a living example of the type of Christ-follower that we want our people to become.
1. Cast a compelling ministry vision and strategy based on student need and God’s will.
2. Have the passion and training for making disciples among their students and volunteers. Design
relevant, Christ-centered programs that glorify God and evoke life change.
3. Partner with parents and godly adults in building Christ-like character in students.
4. Provide ministry training to help students discover their spiritual gifts and serve others.
5. Teach within weekly worship experiences that inspire students to glorify God with their life.
6,. Train and coach adults and student leaders to be learners and genuine servant leaders.
7. Organize systems for volunteer recruitment, ministry training, and performance evaluation.
8. Establish policies and procedures toward an edifying, efficient, and effective ministry.
9. Propose and manage a youth ministry budget and evaluate ministry financial stewardship
10. Develop and implement church-wide outreaches.
To learn more about Springbrook visit: www.springbrook.org.
If you are interested in exploring this role:
Email: Please send a cover letter, your resume and a video of your teaching to firstname.lastname@example.org.