This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs like this one.
CrossPoint Community Church

Communication Specialist

CrossPoint Community Church
Modesto, California, United States

Date Posted: 11/03/2015
Categories: Communications
Denominations: Non-Denominational
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time

Job Description:

Purpose of position:  Design and produce publications and digital media, weekly program and newsletter, social media posts, and other projects. Serve as an integral member of the creative team to help CrossPoint equip people to live, worship and rescue like Jesus.



  • Produce the weekly Sunday program and weekly enewsletter, working with staff for information accuracy, and working with printer to ensure timely completion
  • Design and publish deliverables: printed publications, digital graphics, social media posts, website content & other communication media as assigned
  • Coordinate with outside vendors, staff and volunteers for proofreading, press checks, etc.
  • Maintain department archives, and process monthly invoices and inventory records
  • Serve as consultant to the ministry staff on creative ideas and direction
  • Continuously pursue improvement in communications output and systems
  • Assist with monitoring the look and feel of all media representing CrossPoint
  • Special projects as assigned


Personal Qualifications:                

  • Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, being part of a small group and regularly attending worship services
  • Be a member of CrossPoint Community Church and continually subscribe to the Statement of Faith
  • Maintain proper priorities at home
  • Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church
  • Financially support the work and ministry of CrossPoint by faithfully giving at least 10% of income. Maintain wise stewardship measures over remaining 90%
  • Support and contribute to the mission and vision of CrossPoint Community Church
  • Have a heart to serve others
  • Meet expectations of employees, including the Zone, Commitments to Resist Satan, the 3 C’s (Character, Competence, Chemistry), evaluation process, and understanding the key of influence


Professional Qualifications:        

  • Must be a people-oriented team player, and be able to educate and organize
  • Able to manage details, multiple projects and tight deadlines
  • Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and basic word processing programs
  • Have excellent written and oral communication skills
  • Comfortable using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
  • Able to learn new technology or programs as they develop
  • Be a life-long learner
Please email your cover letter, resume and a pdf or online sample of your work to