Junior High Youth Pastor
The Junior High Youth Pastor will provide leadership and active management to the Junior High Ministry, providing opportunities for junior high students to take tangible next steps toward Jesus at Eastern Hills Community Church. This role, like most at Eastern
Hills, requires a combination of strategic/creative thinking, the ability to implement and follow through on plans once they are developed, and teaching in weekly meetings as appropriate.
Staff Position and Accountability
The Junior High Youth Pastor is a full-time salaried position reporting to the Director of Student Ministries.
- Collaborate with the Director of Student Ministries toward defining and achieving department goals within the framework of the overall mission and vision.
- Oversee all week-to-week operations of the Junior High Ministry to help students pursue radical transformation by taking next steps toward Jesus. This includes oversight and active involvement in teaching in weekend student services, mid-week experience,
special events, mission trips, summer camps, and small groups.
- Establish and maintain great relationships with students, helping them pursue radical transformation through taking next steps toward Jesus. Work alongside the Junior High Coordinator, Wyld Life/EHCC Partner and Point Crew members in these activities as
- Collaborate with the Senior High Pastor to create combined Bible study environments for junior and senior high students as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Director of Student Ministries, develop and maintain a comprehensive Junior High discipleship process that connects students to ministry environments that move them to the next stage of the spiritual journey, keeping in mind different
learning styles and varying levels of spiritual maturity.
- Collaborate with the Director of Student Ministries to develop and maintain an effective process for helping students prepare for baptism. Coordinate with the Elders and other appropriate departments to provide an easy and effective baptism process for
- Coordinate with the Communications department to ensure effective communication of all Junior High ministry activities.
- Oversee active recruitment and training of appropriate Point Crew members in the Junior High Ministry, ensuring that they are RISK approved as necessary.
- Oversee the management of the Junior High budget, staying within parameters provided by the Director of Family Ministries.
- Serve as an active member of the bi-monthly All-Staff meeting.
- Serve as an active member of the Family Ministry Team.
- Serve as an active member of other ad hoc teams as directed by the Director of Family Ministries.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Youth ministry experience preferred
- Degree in Youth Ministry preferred
- Salary commensurate with experience