Note: New Hope Church is part of the Evangelical Church of North America. Visit newhopebend.com for docturine/more info.
The Children’s Pastor shall be responsible to cast vision and give leadership to the Children’s Ministry (Birth thru 5th Grade) and their families. This is a pastoral position overseeing paid and volunteer staff and their ministries. The Children’s Pastor shall provide pastoral leadership through shared experiences, teaching, resources, and support; equipping parents to be the spiritual leaders in their homes with the common goal of helping children to develop lifelong relationships with Christ.
- Be a Bible-believing, Spirit-filled Christian.
- In agreement with the doctrines and values of New Hope church.
- Able to lead the Children’s Ministry of New Hope towards Loving God, Loving One another, and serving the world.
- Demonstrated organization skills, including ability to delegate to responsible individuals, give clear vision and direction and work well with others.
- Able to clearly determine goals, objectives and budgetary requests.
- Able to develop leaders and volunteer teams that is fully qualified to serve the Lord by serving one another.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Christian Education or a related field and have a minimum of 5 years of full time ministry experience required.
- Must be skilled at engaging and interacting with children and their parents.
- Agreement with Staff Standards and Policies.
- Team Player who works well with staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate love and loyalty to the church.
- Faithfully practice a personal devotional life.
- Serve as the visionary and leader to children and their families (Birth thru 5th Grade).
- Be committed to utilizing and implementing the “Orange” philosophy and program at New Hope.
- Identify, invite, train, and empower volunteer leaders to be a part of Children’s Ministry.
- Serve as the primary point person for the elementary ministry, working directly with volunteers. This involves Uptown, our weekend worship services for 1st thru 5th Grade; Club 45, our ministry to 4th and 5th Grade; and FX (Family Experience) once a quarter, our service for all children birth thru 5th Grade and their families.
- Plan and oversee Summer Family Quest, our summer 5-night Children’s program designed to reach children and their parents.
- Create and work on “systems” that will effectively reach, connect and minister to children and their families.
- Create excellent environments for preschoolers, elementary children and students by constant evaluation and systematic improvements.
- Directly oversee all paid staff in each of these environments.
- Coordinate Parent/Child Dedications.
- Meet with key staff/volunteers on a regular basis to evaluate and improve Kid’s Check-In, Elementary, Pre-School, and Nursery areas.
- Participate in staff meetings, creative brainstorm meetings, and leadership retreats to provide evaluation and feedback to the Core Staff.
Other Staff Involvement
- Meet regularly with the Family Pastor to coordinate the Children’s Ministry within the Family Ministry strategy of New Hope.
- Attend all Staff and Council meetings.
- Assist the Family Pastor and other staff in the overall ministry of the church.
Supervision and Evaluation
The Children’s Pastor is accountable first to the Family Pastor, second to the Lead Pastor, and third to the Pastor-Parish Committee.
Work Hours, Compensation
- Full Time
- Salary commensurate with experience
Interested applicants, please send resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry DirectorNew Life Bible Fellowship
- Tucson, Arizona
- January 17
Director of Children's MinistryTrinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Director of Preschool & Children's MinistriesFBC Greeneville
- Greeneville, Tennessee
- January 17
Director of Children's MinistryFellowship Bible Church of the Ozarks
- Rogersville, Missouri
- January 17
Children and Family Ministry DirectorSt Luke Lutheran Church
- Gahanna, Ohio
- January 16