Summary of Position
The primary purpose of this position is to provide strategic direction, administration, and discipleship for our newest campus in Downtown or East Austin. This role will collaborate with the Central Campus Pastor to help create structure and processes for
leading the Central Campus.
If interested, please apply directly at http://www.gatewaychurch.com/employment/application/
- Volunteer Team Leadership: Responsible for building a volunteer leadership culture and structure that will support the needs of a new campus. Create, communicate and model the vision, mission and values of Gateway Church to build a strong,
healthy volunteer culture.
- Spiritual Discipleship: Leading and equipping leaders through the Gateway Life Group model to help those attending the campus spiritually multiply to spiritually disciple others. This includes leading life groups utilizing Gateway’s life
group model and equipping others to lead life groups (with the goal of discipling 500+ through personally multiplying groups and leaders).
- Business/Strategic Leadership: Assist in helping find a site/facility for new campus, which may include managing a lease, permitting, build out, etc. Managing equipment acquisition in preparation for Sunday services. Overseeing project
management systems and the coordination of events calendar for the campus. Performing other business and strategic functions. Also, provide administrative support, as needed.
- Connections Process: Responsible for implementing a connections process for attenders to connect into volunteer serving in campus ministries and into Life Groups.
- Guest Services Leadership: Recruit volunteer teams, recruit leaders, oversee volunteer scheduling, and shepherd volunteer teams for greeting, parking, set up, tear down and other Sunday service oversight. (This position is not responsible
for overseeing the kids programs or Arts/Production team.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong strategic and administration skills.
- Proven successful experience spiritually leading and shepharding others through multiplying themselves to lead others.
- Proven track record with creating new processes and building teams to carry out mission, vision and values in an organization.
- Desire to dive into Central/East Austin culture.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience leading volunteers or staff.
- Highly relational, organized and excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to inspire and motivate others to action.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and the capability to learn other software.
- Must have a strong and growing relationship with Christ.
- A list of at least four favorite East Austin food trucks preferred.
About Gateway Church
Gateway Church in beautiful Austin, Texas, is a highly diverse culture, reaching people far from God. Our staff gets to be a part of an amazing movement making a difference in the city and around the globe, living out our values of Come As You Are, Live
Connected, Be Transformed and Change Your World. If you’re a fan of ACL, SXSW, year-round sunshine, great Tex-Mex and not ever wearing a tie again, then you get us. We are a church where no perfect people are allowed and we’ve worked hard to create a non-threatening,
culturally relevant environment that welcomes anyone and everyone who seek out the claims of Christ. For more information about who we are, head to www.gatewaychurch.com where you can experience our services live streamed, listen to podcasts, learn about our
staff and much more.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Gateway Church, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
disability, pregnancy or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
As a religious institution, it is important that all employees of Gateway Church practice the same beliefs of the church. We therefore reserve the right to exercise this bona fide occupational qualification (BFOQ) in determining which applicants are
best suited for positions at our church.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and the related BFOQ applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Note: Gateway does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other suppliers that have not signed a formal and current agreement with us. Our supplier base is restricted to specified hiring needs. Therefore, any resume received from
an unapproved supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Gateway will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.