Bethany Assembly of God
Lead Pastor Job Description
Who We Are
Bethany Assembly of God is a vibrant and exciting congregation of believers that has ministered in the community for nearly (70) years. Our attendance has consistently averaged over (600) with peak times of (900) or more. Our staff consists of (5) full-time pastors and a Children’s Daycare that has operated over (25) years. The church currently has no debt and current facilities are well maintained. The church is located on (54) acres and continues to serve the community with multiple outreach opportunities.
Bethany Assembly of God Deacon Board is in the process of filling the position of Lead Pastor and currently in the process of receiving resumes. We respectfully ask you to pray for God’s guidance and direction for you and your family and when and if that direction is confirmed we ask to submit your resume to be considered. Please carefully read and consider all qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
The Lead Pastor of Bethany Assembly of God is the spiritual leader and shepherd of the local church body. The Lead pastor is responsible for the spiritual welfare, overall church programs, growth, and vitality of the church. He prepares God’s people for works of service within their spiritual gifts so that the body of Christ may be built up (Ephesians 4:12).
It shall be his duty to provide vision, to promote the programs adopted by the church, to be loyal to its heritage and principles, and to advance the ministry of the church in order that it may fulfill its purpose.
The Lead Pastor is accountable to work within the Constitution and Bylaws to assure effective and efficient coordination and management of all programs of Bethany Assembly of God.
Salvation: Testimony to having experienced the new birth (John 3:5).
Baptism in the Holy Spirit: Testimony to having received the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the initial physical evidence of speaking in other tongues according to Acts 2:4. The Spirit-filled life will enable a minister to fulfill the threefold mission of the church (Constitution, Article V, paragraph 10).
Evidence of call: Clear evidence of a divine call to the ministry, evidenced by a personal conviction, confirmed by the work of the Spirit and the testimony of fellow ministers.
Christian character: A blameless Christian life and a good report of those who are without (Titus 1:7; 1 Timothy 3:7).
Doctrinal position: A thorough understanding of and agreement with our doctrinal position as contained in the Statement of Fundamental Beliefs.
Assemblies of God polity: A satisfactory working knowledge of the principles, practices, and purposes of the Fellowship through a study of the General Council and District Council Constitution and By-laws.
Voluntary cooperation and commitment to the Fellowship: An active loyalty to our constitutional agreements, a cooperative spirit, and a readiness to seek and receive the counsel of older mature Christians and those in positions of authority.
Experience: Five-years of experience as a Lead pastor or equivalent leadership and hold Assembly of God ordination.
Education: Meet the minimum requirements established by the Michigan District for ordination.
1.Overall Leadership: The Lead pastor is primarily responsible for preaching and exercising effective leadership. He is an ex-officio member of all committees. The Lead pastor supervises the pastoral staff, assigning tasks, assessing performance, and assuring task completion. He guides and encourages their personal and professional development. The Lead pastor also provides leadership to lay leaders and meets with all boards, ministries, and lay leadership routinely and as circumstances dictate.
2. Godly Example: The Lead pastor provides a godly example to the leaders and congregation by devotion, prayer, self-care, character, and actions (1 Timothy 3:2-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:1-3)
3. Preaching: The Lead pastor devotes a significant amount of time and effort to the study and exposition of God’s Word as the primary preacher in the Sunday services (2 Timothy 2:15; 4:1-5). The Lead pastor preaches the scriptures with clarity and enthusiasm, onnecting with diverse levels of spiritual maturity.
4. Worship: The Lead pastor provides direction to the ministerial staff, worship leaders, media and music ministries as to the content and structure of all worship services.
5. Teaching and training: The Lead pastor provides overall training and inspiration to pastoral staff to ensure that they are maturing in their faith, enhancing their skills and developing professionally. Likewise, the Lead pastor assures that the overall church body has opportunities for Bible Study by teaching weekly congregational Bible Study for more in depth review and interpretation of God’s Word.
6. Shepherding and Congregation Care: The Lead pastor demonstrates a shepherd’s heart that genuinely loves, cares for and accepts the congregation. To that end, the Lead pastor assures that a viable program of congregation care is implemented to address the broad and disparate needs of the entire congregation.
7. Doctrine: The Lead pastor upholds and defends the historic, evangelical faith which serves as the foundation for our beliefs (Jude 3; Galatians 1:6-9; 1 Timothy 6:20; 2 Timothy 1:13-14).
8. Vision: The Lead pastor defines, directs, and communicates the vision and objectives of Bethany Assembly of God, both to the congregation and ministerial staff.
9. Administration: The Lead pastor oversees the administration and management of all areas of the congregation’s ministry in conjunction with the church board, committees, and staff.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Lead PastorFirst Baptist Church of Dayton, OH
- Dayton, Ohio
- October 24
PastorOpen Door Ministries
- Long Beach, California
- October 17
King's Harbor Church - Lead PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Torrance, California
- October 14
Campus PastorCrossroads Community Church
- Freeport, Illinois
- October 13
Bethany Assembly of God
At Bethany, we’re about one thing: people making a fresh start with God. We believe that if people will connect, grow and serve they will experience life transformation and begin to see fruitfulness while living a life focused on Jesus. More...