POSITION: STUDENT MINISTRIES PASTOR
ROLE: The student ministries pastor’s job is to lead the student ministries department. The primary role is to EQUIP leaders, parents, and students.
GOAL: The goal of student ministries is to develop life-long followers of Christ.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The responsibilities associated with this role are both spiritual leadership as well as organizational leadership. We expect all pastoral staff members to be equippers not just doers. Our primary role as pastors is to EQUIP the saints to
do the work of the ministry. The following checklist is seen through that lens. You are responsible for spiritual leadership, vision, clarity, and equipping. Whenever a task or position can be delegated, delegate it.
- Oversee Weekly gatherings for 7th-12th grade.
- Develop effective discipleship strategy through Life groups.
- Develop current curriculum and messages relevant to teens
- Provide service opportunities
- Recruit and Train youth leaders
- Lead regular leadership meetings to equip and align youth leadership team
- Plan Missions trips (At least 1 per year- regional, state-side, or overseas)
- Administrate Conventions, Conferences, Retreats, & Camps
- Provide regular communication with parents
- Organization of all youth related activities and events
- Promotion and updated info via website, social media, mailers, program, etc.
- Upkeep and improvement of Teen Center
- Responsible for Budget of youth ministry
- Attendance at all staff meetings and staff prayer
- Attendance at all services
- Attendance at special worship nights
- Attendance at all church-wide events
- Attendance at gender specific events (ie: men’s/women’s conferences)
- Attendance at staff “family nights”, lunches, or activities
- Attendance at annual staff retreat
- Attendance at staff conferences
- We expect all staff to be TEAM players. We reject the silo mentality. We are in this together and will support each other and the ministries of this church as ad-hoc meetings, and special projects arise.
- Communication with front office, maintenance, and pastoral staff
- Lead a missions trip a minimum of once every 3 years (Expenses paid for)
- Develop and follow a Personal Spiritual Rule/Rhythm to be reviewed for accountability by lead pastors yearly.
- Monthly Staff Chat with lead pastors for alignment and feedback
- Bi-annual job performance review (One by direct supervisor, one self-assessment)
- Responsible for continually communicating the vision, values, and current goals of CLF to teams and volunteers.
- Continually assessing and improving your areas of ministry with the Vision of CLF as a target and the Core Values as a filter through which all ministry lead through.