The Contemporary Worship Leader gives spiritual and organizational leadership to the contemporary music and worship ministries of the church. The primary aim of each worship service is to design an experience that leads the congregation into an authentic
encounter with God.
- Lead a team to plan weekly contemporary worship services, as well as special/seasonal worship services.
- Participate in leading weekly worship services, including congregational singing.
- Oversee and coordinate musicians.
- Organize weekly rehearsals with worship groups.
- Recruit new musicians and worship participants as needed.
- Budget for, organize, and maintain worship supplies and equipment.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of worship media.
- Coordinate with church office staff for publications, advertising, master calendar regarding worship activities.
- Meet weekly with Pastor for evaluation and planning of worship
- A vital, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and spiritual maturity to lead others in worship.
- Creativity, self-motivation, passion for worship, divine calling to serve in this ministry role.
- Ability to lead others, both musically and organizationally.
- Ability to collaborate with people of diverse background and experience.
- Passion for leading contemporary worship that is contagious to others.
- Sufficient musical ability to lead worship and to rehearse with musicians.
- Support the mission and vision of Cornerstone Church.
- At least two years of college education in music or worship leading, or minimum two years of experience leading contemporary worship.
The Contemporary Worship Leader is accountable to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee and is under the direct supervision of the Pastor.