To apply, visit: holycrosstucson.com/jobs
Holy Cross Church is in Northwest Tucson, Arizona and borders the rapidly growing town of Marana, Arizona. We are a 4-year old congregation with an average attendance of 100-120 adults in one service and about 40 children. We are seeking a qualified and
committed full-time Assistant Pastor who will be responsible for providing leadership for Sunday worship and other pastoral duties based on the candidate’s gifting.
This position will be best suited for a candidate who not only can lead the congregation musically and vocally, but also has a proven ability and affirmed calling to minister to God’s people. The candidate will see himself more than a
band member and is expected to provide doctrinal instruction to the congregation, and biblical exhortation like a pastor does.
Our time on Sunday is not merely to learn information about God but to celebrate and re-orient our lives around the gospel of Jesus and his work for us. We do this through singing songs, opening up the Bible to hear of God’s redemptive plan fulfilled in
Jesus, and reminding ourselves of his promise to us as we are sent out into our lives and culture with the good news. We are gospel-centered (God’s good news of grace that centers on the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus). We are outward-focused. We pursue
genuine and authentic community with one another.
WORSHIP SERVICE STYLE
Holy Cross Church is predominantly young-family and young-career with an average age of 38 years. However, as we grow we are becoming increasingly diverse in age and otherwise. Our style of worship is contemporary, yet intentional to use modern arrangements
of traditional elements including hymns, creeds, and ancient confessions.
The worship director should demonstrate a mature Christian faith and be in agreement with HCC’s doctrinal beliefs (available on website). The candidate should meet the qualifications for elders as laid out in 1 Timothy 3, and Titus 1. The position is open
to ordained or non-ordained applicants.
Qualities we desire in an ideal Assistant Pastor are:
- Spiritually mature: Able to articulate their beliefs with comfort and above reproach in words and actions.
- Reformed view of salvation: This means when it comes to ‘how a person is saved’, we rest in the sovereignty of God and proclaim that “by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God.” (see Ephesians 2:1-10)
- Proven leader: Necessary to guide and encourage the different talents and personalities within the worship team, and proven ability to reach personal and professional goals.
- Effective communicator.
- Relational skills and enthusiastic presence.
- Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction: Including the use of hymns and contemporary music.
- Skilled in organization and administration: This includes setting personal and ministry goals, meeting deadlines, planning, and communicating with volunteers under care.
- Skilled in the use of technology used in worship and sound: Including computers, Planning Center, and Pro Presenter softwares.
The right person will join a core team of leaders who play an integral part in the shaping and leadership of our church. There is a tremendous amount of opportunity to grow as a leader in a complex and diverse ministry setting and will be equipped to better
minister to God’s people, navigate difficult situations, and point people to Christ.
Order of Service
The complete scheduling and preparations for Sunday morning worship in partnership with the lead pastor, including selecting songs, arranging flow of service, and incorporating other elements as needed. Also, plan seasonal or occasional worship services
Leadership & Coaching
Recruiting, training, and coaching team in different aspects of being a worship leader as it relates to spiritual health, musical skill, and gospel-centrality.
Training and recruiting tech volunteers. Oversee sound and video equipment. Prepare all service related slides, announcements, and lyrics.
Weekly communication, coaching, and planning with lead pastor.
Since this position is a combination of musical leadership as well as pastoral ministry, Assistant Pastor will work in partnership with the lead pastor to share ministry load. Assistant Pastor may be responsible to oversee and sustain additional areas of
ministry related to personal giftedness and skill-set.
As with any leadership position, this role comes with great responsibility. Therefore, we expect the worship leader to:
- Maintain a healthy relationship with God.
- Be above reproach in thought, word, and action.
- Love, pursue, and pray for the community of Holy Cross.
- Invest in your personal development as a worship leader/pastor as it relates to leadership and ministry philosophy.
To apply, visit: holycrosstucson.com/jobs