This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs like this one.
Vanderbloemen Search Group

Christ Church - Director of Finance

Vanderbloemen Search Group
Lake Forest, Illinois, United States

Date Posted: 02/04/2016
Categories: Business/Administration - Executive Pastor - Non-ministry Jobs - Other - Other Pastor
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time

Job Description:




Christ Church has a rich history of a shared vision, shared work, and warm fellowship. It is a multi-site campus, with the main facility located in Lake Forest, IL.


When the church founders gathered in January 1980, they shared a lofty vision—to be a light for Christ in their community. They dreamed of a non-denominational, congregational church, a “family of families, knit together to exhibit and extend Christ’s Kingdom.” Today, they are a staff led church with an elder and deacon board. The elder board provides spiritual oversight while the deacon board provides oversight for finance and facilities. 


Christ Church seeks a Director of Finance to provide oversight and management to the fiscal elements of the church. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, "high touch, high visibility" manager, exclusively leading and developing the financial components of Christ Church. The primary focus for the position will range from budget management to strategic business planning. They will oversee the financial records of all campuses, with potential increase and expansion of responsibilities with new and upcoming sites. This individual will administer and develop the tangible financial ministries of Christ Church as a growing entity and lead the organization to a place of financial stability. Furthermore, they will pursue financial health for the church with the integration of systems, processes, and a culture of giving.


A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required for this role, with a preference for a Master's Degree in Business Administration. The successful candidate will most likely have 7+ years of management and accounting, or experience in a similar role with a ministry, non-profit, or para-church organization that matches or exceeds the size and scope of Christ Church. Experience in a larger multisite setting is preferred but not required. This individual will be a natural systems thinker who envisions and thrives in an environment of systematic management and implementation of such methodologies. They will be innately conscientious and detail oriented in every aspect of their job responsibilities.


Known to be one of the most affluent towns in the United States, Lake Forest is situated just outside Chicago along lake Michigan. First developed in 1857, Lake Forest remains as one of the most scenic, historical, and architecturally significant suburbs of Chicago. The city has lately been trending as a growing commercial and business sector. Making a mark in this capacity, Lake Forest is home to several Fortune 500 companies such as Tenneco, Brunswick, and Hospira, as well as IDEX, Packaging Corporation of America, Solo Cup, and Trustmark. The racial distribution is dominated by Caucasians at 92%, with African American, Asian, and Pacific Islanders collectively making up the remaining 8%. According to the 2007 estimate, the median family income is over $200,000. Equipped with top notch schools, a thriving business sector, and a quaint lifestyle, Lake Forest boasts a beautiful town that brings a cosmopolitan charm to suburban living.