The Middle School Pastor has the opportunity to provide middle school students with a quality ministry experience that is fun, impacting, intriguing, and life changing. The Middle School Pastor owns the comprehensive ministry strategy from ideation to execution.
Being able to set and accomplish impactful goals and objectives lie at the heart of the role. Ideally, the Middle School pastor invites others to participate in the journey of youth ministry.
- Develop and implement profound, irresistible, life-changing experiences for middle school-aged students from ideation to execution; in many cases, the middle school pastor will be the primary link in the student's faith development. Central activities include
sermon delivery, relevant Bible-centered teaching, pastoral counseling, evangelism, and discipleship processes that span the gap between elementary- and high school-aged students.
- Contribute vision, experience, and aid as an authentic and integral team member to the Campus Family Ministries team. Unique to this role, providing leadership to the overall youth ministry platform for Crossroads Church, which may include serving as a
mentor to less-experienced youth directors and youth pastors.
- Replicate and extend personal ministry influence by identifying, recruiting, developing, and deploying congregational members who have a calling and passion to serve in the area of youth ministry. ?
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated progressive ability to lead a large ministry effectively (200+ students).
- Possess a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in a vocationally related discipline (e.g., youth ministry, youth development, youth studies, etc.). Experience will be evaluated and considered in lieu of academic preparation.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge and experience in leveraging social media to further ministry goals and objectives.
- A personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ evident by sensitivity to the Holy Spirit’s leading and a commitment to the authority of the Bible.
- A passion to see the lives of students transformed and pointed toward Jesus Christ.
- Desire for a long-term commitment to Crossroads Middle School Ministry.
- This role is conducted primarily in an office environment.
- Periodic travel is expected (e.g., conducting youth events, camps, retreats, etc.), as are occasional 8+-hour days.