Apply here: http://www.vanderbloemen.com/jobs/new-hope-community-church-lead-pastor
New Hope Community Church is a non-denominational family of Christ followers who are committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and the authority of God’s Word. Adhering to the core principles of the Restoration Movement that emphasizes the unity of all Christians,
they eagerly desire the fellowship of all who follow Jesus Christ, and welcome all who are interested in discovering an exciting new life in Him. New Hope exists to support, strengthen, and train their members to become like their Master Jesus, and through
each member, to offer new hope in Christ to those in the community and beyond.
The Lead Pastor will serve as the spiritual and directional point and primary communicator for New HopeCommunity Church. He will be a gifted preacher and teacher, able to deliver sermons that are relevant, challenging, and life giving. He will partner with
the executive leadership and staff of New Hope Community Church, and implement the Vision and Mission of the church within the context of the local congregation. This individual will be gifted in shepherding, church growth, teaching, and administration, so
as to lead the church membership and execute the logistical ministry aspects of the role. Success in this role will be measured primarily by the physical, spiritual, and relational development of the church and its constituents, in alignment with the overall
Vision, Mission and strategic initiatives of New Hope Community Church. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success as a Pastor of a large-scale church, or have worked in a pastoral position under a strong Lead Pastor. They will possess
an uncompromising passion with relentless commitment to the purpose of New Hope Community Church, and have demonstrated the ability to attract youth and to grow a church.
A college degree in relation to theology is required for this position. Alongside this supplemental knowledge coupled with experience, the Lead Pastor will make progress in fulfilling the following goals during the first 24 months of work:
- Provide oversight, supervision, and direction, to the staff of New Hope Community Church.
- Be responsible for delivering expositional, relevant, and biblically sound sermons at New Hope Community Church.
- Foster relationships, build rapport, and develop credibility among staff and congregants.
- Have evidence of growth in attendance, membership and conversions.
- Have evidence of unity within the church.
- Create a method of sustainability and productivity of staff.
- Execute the Vision and Mission of New Hope Community Church as a conscientious and systematic strategist, in terms of long-range planning, growth tracking, and short-term development.
- Increased young people, and young families in attendance.
- Lead, mentor, inspire, and mobilize the staff of New Hope Community Church.
- Create a strategic plan for membership retainment, which results in an attendance increase.
- Be an authentic and compelling vision-caster, vision-carrier, and a vision-implementer to both staff and church members.
The City of Lancaster is a thriving, diversified, intimate community of nearly 158,630, located approximately one hour north of Los Angeles. Clean air, attainable housing, wide-open spaces, and a close-knit community make Lancaster an ideal place for families. Endless
potential for growth, along with a strong commitment to business from local leaders, earned Lancaster the "Most Business-Friendly" Eddy Award from the Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation in 2007. Attainable housing and recent economic growth have
made Lancaster a very attractive choice for families and businesses who are looking to relocate, but wish to enjoy all the advantages that Southern California has to offer. The median income for a household in the city is $41,127 and the median income for
a family is $48,276. The city is a firm proponent of education with several public and private schools within and around the surrounding communities. It is also home to the University of Antelope Valley, Antelope Valley College, and California State University,
Bakersfield. No matter how you look at it, it's clear that Lancaster is the perfect place to live, work, and play.