Montgomery Community Church is located in Montgomery, Ohio, a beautiful northeastern suburb of Cincinnati, with an average weekend attendance of approximately 1500. At Montgomery Community Church there is a strong focus on mission: “Engaging people to live
and serve like Jesus”. The vision of MCC is to be "an authentic community where families are being transformed and equipped by the Holy Spirit to draw those we encounter into a relationship with Jesus Christ."
The church has a rich history of welcoming people of all ages and backgrounds and is situated on a 13-acre prime location campus. Roughly 35,000 cars pass by daily and approximately 50,000 people live within a 3-mile radius of the church.
There are 3 main buildings on the campus which include a newly-renovated 800-seat worship venue with a coffee bar and inviting fireplace room; a striking, newly constructed 23,000 square foot stand-alone junior/senior high student center housing a regulation
basketball court, offices, meeting & game rooms, cafe, and a 250-seat worship area; and an administrative office building. The children’s ministry area, located in the worship center, has first-class decor with classrooms for various ages and a large group
meeting auditorium. Weekdays, the children’s area is utilized by a “Step Up To Quality” award-winning 165-student preschool, which has been operated for many years by MCC.
Montgomery Community Church has a passion for students and is seeking an experienced student ministry director who will provide organizational and spiritual leadership to junior high school students while assisting with senior high students and joint programs
and events. This individual should be experienced in age-appropriate, authentic teaching that encourages students to live and serve like Jesus. This role will directly lead the junior high school ministry in addition to providing pastoral care to MCC students
and their families.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create age-appropriate worship environments that captivate students into relationship with God leading them into a transforming relationship with Christ.
- Establish age-appropriate equipping opportunities which are essential for missional living.
- Develop and implement, in partnership with MCC’s Family Life staff, strategies to equip parents to become the primary disciple-makers of their children.
- Build ministry capacity through recruitment and training lay leaders and volunteers.
- Provide input and assist with creating student ministry operating and capital budgets that are fully integrated with the church’s mission, vision and strategies.
- Value and develop strong/positive relationships via teams comprised of church staff, ministry partners, parents, and lay leadership.
- Encourage and engage students into missional lifestyles.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Bible, ministry or related field required
- Knowledge of developmental and faith stages for students
- At least 3 years of experience on a large church staff leading in the spiritual formation area of students and/or Christian education is highly preferred
- Organization, delegation, follow-through, task orientation, ability to see the “big picture”, sensitivity, strong managerial, coaching, empowerment and leadership skills combined with an exceptional relational ability
- Ability to create a positive and intentional leadership culture
- Ability to work with a teachable heart, good attitude and unified spirit
- Presence and charisma, necessary to be one of the primary faces of MCC to both the congregation and community
- Models a life surrendered to Christ and lives it
- Decisive leader
- Genuine heart for people
If you have had experience guiding and impacting the lives of students and feel called by God to make a difference in a new setting, please send your application to email@example.com