Preschool Executive Director
The Preschool Executive Director is a relational position that is responsible for all aspects of establishing and operating the Preschool ministry of Kirk of the Hills and Kirk Crossing. This includes oversight and leadership of marketing and advertisement,
staff recruitment, child enrollment processes, curriculum development, and classroom management.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision, communication and mentoring of on-site Kirk of the Hills Preschool Director and Kirk Crossing Preschool Director to ensure the establishment and operation of the Kirk Crossing Preschool and the ongoing operation of Kirk of the Hills
- Develop and implement a marketing/advertising plan working with Kirk Communications Director to create interest in the preschool and fuel strong enrollment at both locations.
- Work with the on-site Directors to recruit and train teachers to staff preschool classrooms and keep up-to-date personnel policies and job descriptions on file in the Kirk’s Paycom HR System.
- Establish enrollment process using the Kirk’s FellowshipOne database software to capture information and provide the opportunity to pay tuition online.
- Establish a friendly, open-door relationship with parents and be available to counsel them when appropriate.
- Regularly select and/or develop curriculum for a preschool children’s education program that is fun, educational, and appropriate for a Christian preschool environment. Establish and communicate clear expectations in implementing curriculum and teaching
- Work with the on-site Directors to establish a yearly calendar including regular programming and special events throughout the school year and summer sessions.
- Develop and train on-site Directors to implement classroom management practices that ensure a safe, secure, and orderly preschool environment is maintained at all times.
- Be aware of and when necessary involved in any situation that involves a child being brought to the preschool office by their teacher.
- Regularly monitor, evaluate, and develop preschool staff ensuring a “continuous learning” culture is developed and fostered and that classroom management practices are continuously improved. This requires that at least 25% of the Preschool Executive Director’s
time be spent in the various classrooms.
- In conjunction with the Kirk Children’s Ministry Director, lead the creative use and proactive upkeep of children’s ministry facilities and grounds.
- Work closely with the Kirk Children’s Ministry Director to create an outreach strategy and be involved in the actual events as they are implemented.
- Develop an annual budget for the preschool ensuring needs are met and fall with-in the annual budget.
- Work closely with the Campus Pastors of The Kirk to ensure the preschool is aligned with the mission/vision of the Kirk.
- Play an active role in the community by attending professional conferences, lectures and other educational events and by joining professional organizations.
- Perform other duties as required by The Kirk’s Session, Personnel Committee, Executive Director and Pastors.
To apply for this position please visit http://www.thekirk.com/preschoolexdir