Abundant Life Church is a growing congregation of 3,000 in a suburban Kansas City community. It is committed to the faithful teaching of God's word and helping its members develop a biblical worldview in all aspects of life. We believe that the Gospel is contagious and too good to keep to ourselves. We're committed to reaching the ends of the earth but believe we must start in our own backyard. We are seeking a pastor of outreach with a passion to continue to build on this legacy.
As Outreach Pastor, you will have the opportunity to plan, organize, oversee, equip, motivate and lead our church family to express their personal faith through relational evangelism. Our goal is to reach as many people as possible with the Gospel of Jesus Christ using traditional and out-of-the-box thinking strategies. You will also have the opportunity to partner with our Connections Pastor to provide leadership toward and to maintain organization for assimilating new believers into the nurturing environment of the local church.
- Bachelor’s degree in Bible or equivalent
- Agreement with the Abundant Life Articles of Faith and Constitution
- Five years prior experience in ministry
- Experience in teaching and modeling lifestyle evangelism of reaching the lost.
- Experience in mobilizing and raising up lay volunteers for community outreach
- Experience as a teacher, mentor and leader
- Demonstrates understanding of missions as it relates to the local church
- Personal Skills
- Strategic planning
- Inspiring meeting management
- Team player mentality
- Friendly, approachable personality
- Ability to teach different groups of people
- Project management—ability to plan and execute effectively
- Ability to oversee volunteer-recruitment, encouragement and develop leaders
- Budget management
- Ministry Team Leadership
- Guest Services Team(s)
- Purpose: Provide exceptional positive experiences for all weekend service attenders.
- Specific Teams: Parking Lot Volunteers, Shuttle Drivers, Greeters, Next Steps Desk Volunteers and Ushers
- Weekly TEAM (Takes Every Abundant Life Member) Outreach
- Home visits to all registering weekly guests
- Community Partnerships
- Partners in Education—partnerships with local public schools
- Back Snack Program – An extension of our food pantry ministry
- Outreach Events
- Carnival—annual free kids’ carnival for our community
- Christmas—annual bridge event for the community
- Serve Day —community-wide event
- Down Town Days – Volunteer s serving our cities largest annual event.
- A salary package appropriate to the job description and responsibilities will be confidentially discussed and agreed upon by the candidate and the Senior Pastor and/or Executive Pastor.
- Health insurance benefits are provided.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Teaching Pastor (#12135)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Northeast, New York
- October 27
Congregational Life & Outreach PastorSprings Community Church
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- October 25
Senior Pastor (767612)Private Profile
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Director of OutreachHOPE Church
- Richmond, Virginia
- October 18
Director Of OutreachGrace Baptist Church
- Woodbridge, Virginia
- October 17