- The Preschool Director will have a heart for the local church and young families. Possess an ongoing desire and effort to grow their relationship with Jesus Christ. Have a passion for children to learn and grow in Christ.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Preschool Director, preferably at a church with average Sunday attendance of 1000 people or greater.
- Track record of success in recruiting, developing, and leading volunteers and teams.
- Ability to create a strategic ministry plan and associated budget.
The Preschool Ministry Director, as a member of the Next Generation Ministry Team and Church at the Cross (CATC) Ministry Staff, will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight to the spiritual needs of preschool children and their families. The
Preschool Ministry Director will lead leaders and must be highly relational. He/She will need to have a strong team mentality leading staff and volunteer teams to provide spiritual development of both children and parents through regular, ongoing programming,
and special services/events. He/She is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, dedication, cooperation, encouragement, and prayer support as he/she serves Christ at CATC.
1. Cast vision and develop strategic plans consistent, and aligned, with CATC and Next Generation Ministry philosophies.
2. Implement and coordinate ministry plans in order to achieve short-range and long-range ministry objectives resulting in spiritual transformation.
3. Oversee all major elements within the Preschool Ministry including:
- Sunday Morning life groups and children’s worship
- Sunday Evening childcare
- Wednesday Evening activities
- Childcare for Ladies’ Tuesday Morning Bible Study
- Childcare for Special Events
4. Recruit, equip, and oversee all levels of leadership within the Preschool Ministry including volunteers, parents, interns, and paid staff.
5. Develop a strategy that engages parents in the first steps of their ongoing responsibility of sharing the Gospel & discipling their child.
- Baby Dedication Celebrations and similar events will be the foundation of this process
- Provide tools to equip parents as primary nurturers of their child’s faith
- Encourage the faith community to play a supportive role in this endeavor
6. Responsible for all teaching materials and curriculum to be used by the Preschool Ministry.
- Continually evaluate trends in Preschool Ministry, implementing the best quality program for preschoolers, while evaluating sustainability with volunteer staffing.
- Intentionally build relationships with preschoolers and their families.
- Create and maintain safe and welcoming environments for all guests, preschoolers, and their families.
- Oversee provision of our church-wide childcare program.
- Align Preschool Ministry with the other ministries while working to ensure a strong, cohesive Next Generation Ministry.
- Effectively communicate with volunteers, parents, and our church via email, our website, social media, and printed materials.
- Build and manage the preschool ministry budgets in alignment with annual goals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Next Generation Pastor
- Loves children and fostering their spiritual formation
- A teachable and an enthusiastic learner.
- At the church for regular worship services and special services.
- Attends all Tuesday staff meetings, retreats, and conferences as directed.
- Maintains flexible working hours as determined by the needs of the ministry.
- Stays current with ministry trends.
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision.
- Begin and end projects within reasonable timeframe.
- Proficient with current technology and communication tools.
- Knowledgeable concerning relevant legal and governmental guidelines, regulations, laws and ethical issues.
- Aligned with organizational vision, goals, values, and policies.
- Represents the Preschool and Next Generations Ministry well to staff, our team leaders, parents, and the church.
- Works well with others and within a team environment.
Bachelor’s degree in related field is preferred but not required.