The Chinese Community Church (CCC) is located in the heart of Chinatown in downtown Washington, DC. It is the oldest Chinese-American church in the Washington metropolitan area and the only one in Washington, DC proper. The church started as a mission outreach to Chinese immigrants in 1935 and continues to minister to new immigrants and 2nd and 3rd generation Chinese-Americans. In addition to its foundation of multi-generational Chinese-Americans, CCC also ministers to a growing multi-cultural congregation of college students, young professionals, and families with young children.
Revitalization initiatives in the Chinatown area – such as the Verizon Center sports arena, the Washington Convention Center, a new Georgetown University downtown campus, new businesses, and mixed commercial and residential real estate development projects - present exciting new ministry opportunities for CCC.
Church Organization and Structure
CCC is an independent, non-denominational church of about 200 regular worshippers across three Sunday services:
1) English Service, blending a contemporary service with elements of traditional worship; serving families, young professionals, college students, and youth and some older adults (average weekly attendance is 100)
2) Cantonese Service, serving recent and long-time immigrants (average weekly attendance is 50)
3) Mandarin Service, serving recent immigrants, professionals, and college students (average weekly attendance is 50)
CCC’s form of governance is congregational, binding together one common vision and mission for three congregations under the direction of our Pastors, led by the Senior Pastor, who are the spiritual leaders of CCC. The Pastors are ex-officio members of the Official Board and are accountable to the Board.
CCC believes in the supreme authority of God the Father, our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, and the Holy Bible. Under the spiritual leadership of the Pastors, the Pastors and the Official Board work together to define CCC’s doctrine.
Current Church Needs
Changes within the Washington, DC area are bringing increased opportunities for CCC to reach out to a multi-cultural and multi-generational community in need of the Gospel. We believe in God’s promise to further develop the youth in each of our three congregations to serve Him faithfully and to grow as fully-devoted disciples.
CCC is calling a Youth Ministry Leader that will serve CCC by providing pastoral care and biblical teaching to ensure the spiritual health and growth of its children. In addition the Youth Ministry Leader will build and strengthen the current youth program which would seek to lead all children associated with CCC to become disciples of Jesus Christ. Current youth include children of CCC members and regular attendees who live in the Washington Metropolitan Area (including Maryland and Virginia suburbs) and unchurched children from the neighborhood who attend the outreach program for unchurched kids (Cool Church Kids) whose parents do not attend CCC.
- Commitment to the Gospel of Christ
- Personal desire for spiritual growth
- A strong devotional and prayer life
- Energy and passion in implementing ministry
- Comfortable serving in an urban community with both urban and suburban congregants
- Appreciation for God’s work in each of CCC’s three congregations (English, Cantonese, and Mandarin)
- Most importantly, the Youth Ministry Leader will demonstrate a servant’s heart with the ability to balance leadership, humility, and grace.
- Bachelor’s Degree with Seminary Degree preferred
- Awareness of and ability to employ current technology for effective ministry
Spiritual Gifts and Skills
- Demonstrated management skills, experience in a leadership role, communication and relational skills, conflict resolution skills, diplomacy, and compassion
- Possess spiritual, relational, and emotional maturity
- Strong cross-cultural understanding and skills
- Fun, engaging, people person, diverse interests
- Pastoral care and teaching of all youth from all congregations with a primary focus on middle and high schoolers, a secondary focus on elementary-age children, and as needed care for Cool Church Kids (outreach ministry) and Children’s Sunday School
- Build relationships with churched and unchurched children through planned structured activities, outreach events, school-related activities, community events, etc.
- Mobilize parents, volunteers, and young adult mentors to be equipped to work with the youth program through training, teaching, and fellowship
- Relate to and build trust among children and parents of different cultures and generations
- Relate to urban and suburban congregants and tie above-mentioned ministries together
- Co-labor with Sunday School Superintendent (layperson volunteer) to set Sunday School curriculum
- Coordinate Sunday children’s education activities
- Train Sunday School teachers
- Lead Children’s Worship, eventually organize and lead Youth Service
- Preach/teach regularly at Youth Service; preach occasionally to adult congregation(s)
Cool Church Kids (CCK) Responsibility
- Help CCK coordinators as a part of the team
- Develop a Vacation Bible School ministry
- Coordinate a summer Bible study for returning college students and college-age summer interns who were formerly part of the CCC Youth Group and who will be involved in helping with the Vacation Bible School
If you feel led to apply for this full-time position, please send your resume and most recent picture of you and your immediate family, if applicable, to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorPrivate Profile
- Albany, Oregon
- January 20
Director of Childrens MinistrySt. Luke Church
- Columbus, Georgia
- January 20
Director of Children's MinistriesJourney Community Church
- Camas, Washington
- January 20
Family Life Minister - 1748MinisterSearch
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- January 20
Pastor of Early Childhood MinistriesEmmanuel Community Church
- Fort Wayne, Indiana
- January 20
The Chinese Community Church of Washington DC
The Chinese Community Church (CCC) is located in the heart of Chinatown in downtown Washington, DC. It is the oldest Chinese-American church in the Washington metropolitan area and the only one in Washington, DC proper. The church started as a mission outreach to Chinese immigrants in 1935 and continues to minister to new immigrants and 2nd and 3rd generation Chinese-Americans. In addition to its foundation of multi-generational Chinese-Americans, CCC also ministers to a growing multi-cultural congregation of college student More...