This is a Part-Time position with Mondays and Tuesdays required. The remainder of the time needed may be determined based on design needs and schedule.
The Graphic Designer will assist the Communications Strategist and Media Ministry in efficiently creating designs for Grove Avenue Baptist Church (Grove) for print and web to include creating images for use in digital marketing/social
media, ministry websites and for television. This role is important to a timely export of communications both throughout the church and the community.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Grove is a congregation that seeks to follow the life and ministry of Jesus in a multi-generational and multi-cultural setting. Applicant should desire to work within an environment that promotes the Christian faith.
- Assists with the design, function, and maintenance of the church website(s)
- Assists with electronic media marketing (ex. Social Media, E-Newsletters)
- Develops campus signage (ex. lobby displays and road-sign banners)
- Collaborates with the Communications Strategist to develop artwork/layouts for in-house print projects
- Collaborates with Media to produce artwork used in video and motion graphic projects
- Presents tight comps to Communication Strategist for selection and approval
- Coordinates with outside printers when necessary
- Maintains project status in shared task list
- Participates in relevant team meetings and events, including weekly staff devotions/meetings
- Ability to work on both MAC and PC
- Design experience in multiple platforms including, but not limited to print, web and social media.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite programs (ex. Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Proficient in WordPress – HTML/CSS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and Gmail/Google Docs
- Working knowledge of Premiere Pro is a plus
- Experience with printing process and file preparation
- Ability to self-manage multiple projects with quick-turn around and some competing deadlines
- High attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organized, motivated, creative thinker and strong work ethic
- To learn, adapt and adopt new techniques as they become available
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design and/or Communications preferred
- Candidates should provide two employment references and two personal references
Interested applicants should EMAIL a cover letter, resume, and PDF portfolio samples or a link to an online portfolio
*Salary based on Experience and Education