Rockford Reformed Church is seeking a full-time Director of Worship to lead our church in such a way that is glorifying to God, faithful to the Word of God, edifying to the congregation, relevant to newcomers, and inspiring to worshippers by thoughtfully
preparing musical and artistic worship which directly integrates with gospel-centered teaching and preaching.
If you feel as though your gifts and passion for worship align with the following job description, please consider submitting a cover letter and resume to Stephanie Bergman, Chairperson at the apply link provided below.
QUALIFICATIONS, GIFTS AND SKILLS SET
The Director of Worship must:
- Live as a reflection of Christ.
- Desire and seek to maintain a vibrant personal relationship with the Lord through prayer, worship, and growth in biblical knowledge, experience, and obedience.
- Possess a contagious passion and love for worship.
- Develop relationships with the Worship Team, encouraging them to grow as disciples and in their understanding and practice of biblical worship.
- Have a desire to connect and establish relationships within the congregation.
- Be able to motivate the gathered Church to proclaim the glory of God and the gospel in worship.
- Have a passion for Spirit-filled, expressive, authentic worship, and embrace our vision for worship.
- Become a member of Rockford Reformed Church within 6 months.
Demonstrated Skills Include:
- Understanding of and ability to lead theologically sound worship.
- Program planning and implementation.
- Organizational administration and scheduling.
- Effective communication techniques (verbal and written).
- Empowerment and leadership of volunteers.
- Having skills as a vocalist and having competence on the guitar and/or the piano.
- Understanding of music theory and musical arrangement.
- Provides overall leadership and oversight of Sunday morning worship services.
- Works to ensure that all weekly worship services are executed with theological and musical quality and provide opportunity for personal transformation.
- Nurtures an ongoing worship environment that encourages congregational participation in our worship ministry.
- Plan and implement additional worship opportunities as needed under the guidance of the Senior Pastor.
- Coordinate with and assist the Director of Youth Ministries in planning and leading a time of worship at weekly High School and Middle School youth group meetings.
This is an abreviated job description. For a complete job description and more information about our church, please contact us via the link below.