Worship Pastor Job Description
Bethel’s worship has come a long way from 4--verse hymns sung out of hymnals 7 years ago, but we are near the ceiling of where we can go with part--time and volunteer worship leaders. The lid on our growth as a worship ministry has not been the preferences of our congregation, but the limitations of our leadership, and it’s time for us to invest in a full-- time worship pastor devoted to growing and leading our worship ministry.
As we go through the process of re--aligning all of our ministries with our vision, we know we need a strong, passionate leader who can take Bethel’s worship to the highest level. The potential here is incredible. We’re looking for a young man who can seize and wring every ounce of potential out of this opportunity.
We’re looking for…
• A pastor first. A young man after God’s own heart, who sees his role as a pastor first and a musician second. Someone who has a heart to disciple people, worship God, and reach the lost.
• A high--level leader who can grab hold of the vision of the church, align the worship ministry under the vision, and
unite people around the vision God has for Bethel.
• Not just a gifted musician and vocalist, but someone who God has gifted to lead people into worship. A gifted leader who can lead change to create a culture of passionate, high--impact worship with a focus on relevant music, creative expression, and leading our people to encounter the presence of God
• A dynamic personality who loves to have fun with the people he works with, and creates a fun and exciting
environment for his people.
• A gifted communicator who is able to teach occasionally as the need arises, especially as campuses increase
• Someone who is able to recruit and develop musicians in order to raise the quality of the band, and continually
develop leaders and musicians.
• Someone who is humble and hungry to learn, who will take advantage of opportunities to grow and develop, and
will be a student of his focus areas, constantly striving to grow as an individual and improve his ministry.
• Someone who is excited by the idea of dreaming big and working hard in an ever--changing, fast--growing, dynamic
and upbeat church environment.
• Gifted instrumentally and vocally
• Strong in leadership, assertive, able to manage personalities and lead confidently toward a clear vision
• Responsible and confident in administrative ability – will need to coordinate multiple bands on a weekly basis and
operate worship planning software
• Professional and hard--working – mentally and physically tough enough to overcome the challenges of ministry and
perform consistently at a high level
• Humble and Hungry, teachable spirit – this is going to be an EXCELLENT learning opportunity for a young pastor, and
we’re looking for someone who will take full advantage of opportunities for growth
• Someone who understands his role in relation to the bigger vision of the church, and is willing to act within the
guardrails of that vision and the executive leadership of the church
Potential Additional Responsibilities:
• Communications – This role will likely include overseeing all things communication in the church, including the improvement of church bulletins, presentation slides, event graphics, email communications, social media strategy, website management, keeping the church management system up to date, etc.
• Volunteer Management and Appreciation – This is an area we need drastic improvement in as a church, and so part
of the responsibilities of connecting with, appreciating, equipping, and managing volunteers will fall to this role
• Assimilation -- Assist Administrative Pastor in the Assimilation Process as needed
• Be flexible and teachable to fill gaps in the staff structure where needed
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Worship Ministry DirectorArvada Church of God
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1
Bethel Baptist Church
Snapshot of Bethel
Bethel is a rural, multi-site church about 25 minutes west of suburban Indianapolis. With a growing average attendance of around 350, the dominant demographic in the congregation is 25-35 year olds with families. God has chosen to grow Bethel over the last 7 years as we strive to do whatever it takes to reach the lost in Putnam County. With the hire of an Executive Pastor in August, Bethel is now working to lay the foundation for the future with the realignment of staff, ministries, and processes t More...