newhope church is one of the fastest growing multi site and multi cultural churches in the country and we are hiring! Currently, we are looking for a student pastor to serve at our Garner Campus (just outside of Raleigh, NC) and lead our
student ministires. This 5 year old campus is busting at the seams with growth and has a healthy student ministry of 50-65 students weekly. If you are willing to do "whatever it takes" to reach and equip this generation to grow in their relationship with
Jesus Christ and desire to be part of a movement that is experiencing life change at an unprecedented rate, then take a moment to explore the job description below and
send your resume, cover letter, photo, and a link to a recent message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The goal of this position is to lead students into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ by establishing environments, building teams and developing leaders in order to foster life change, discipleship, community, worship, and fun for students across
the Carolinas and beyond.
In particular, the Student Pastor will provide leadership in the areas of outreach, student transition, discipleship, and leadership. More specifically, this involves:
- Lead 6th – 12th grade students in a FUN and exciting ministry that leads our students in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- The Student Pastor and Children’s Pastor will intentionally work together to transition our 5th graders from hopetown to student ministries, keeping the focus on
Reach, Teach, and Release. (Reach students for Christ,
Teach the Bible, and Release fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ back into the world to again) Throughout this entire process, Children’s and Student Ministry leaders will need to be intentional in working together to equip
the entire family to participate in the discipleship process...No Silos!
- The Student ministry will consist of large, medium, and small life group experiences. As such, weekly Sunday celebrations, exciting retreats, Bible study/Discipleship training, leadership development, and effective life groups are vital
to the life and health of this ministry!
- The Student Pastor must be able to:
- Build, train, develop and lead a team of Staff and adult/student volunteers.
- Build a Student Leadership Team and Student Hospitality Team.
- Communicate effectively to a large and small group of students.
- Organize outreach events and establish a community presence in schools, clubs, etc...
- Create amazing student events throughout the year.
- Work with global student ministries team to advocate and ensure excellence in ministry at the campus level.
- Review ministry metrics and do whatever it takes to keep attendance, salvation and baptism numbers growing, up and to the right.
- Be a self-starter with a commitment to excellence in ministry.
- Any other responsibilities deemed necessary for carrying out the vision of newhope church as part of the newhope staff team!