The Audio Director (AD) will work under the direction and leadership of the Technical Director (TD). This position requires general proficiency of live sound reinforcement, digital music production and computer networking. A candidate with experience across the three main disciplines of the technical arts (Audio/Video/Lighting) is preferred. All ministry should be conducted in support of the church mission to lead all people into a life- changing, ever-growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
*1. Mixes FOH for Sunday worship services
*2. Produces click track and stem files for playback
*3. Engineers recording projects and stem sessions
*4. Records, mixes, and masters audio for video
*5. Contributes to planning systems integration
*6. Provides support for events, ministry-wide, as needed
*7. Prepares rentals for various events when needed
*8. Attends meetings to plan service content and future events
*9. Maintains audio equipment throughout the campus
*10. Organizes and maintains timecode-based production workflows for services and productions
*11. Maintain professional growth through continuing education, skill development and professional involvement in the areas of specialization.
*12. Maintain a program of spiritual, professional and physical self-development.
*Task which is considered to be an essential function of the job; although, other duties may be assigned by your immediate supervisor.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS & ABILITIES: NOTE: These requirements represent minimum levels in order to perform the job on a satisfactory basis. Candidates must have the ability to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Elevate prayer as the foundational component of the audio ministry efforts.
2. Possess good people skills and the ability to collaborate creatively.
3. Have a passion for excellence and the ability to produce quickly under time pressure.
4. Demonstrate the ability to manage.
5. Have demonstrated success working closely with and building relationships with staff and partners. 6. Maintain a commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
7. Possess the ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings.
8. Be proficient at planning, administering budgets and other detailed reports.
9. Be able to provide strategic and logistical planning and to facilitate meetings, conferences, workshops, and retreats as required.
10. Demonstrate excellent listening skills, interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills.
11. Possess excellent, demonstrated leadership skills necessary to appropriately influence people to achieve a desired outcome.
12. Be able to maintain confidentiality.
13. Be able to manage projects and exhibit detail-oriented skills necessary to understand and manage a wide-range of information from a vast amount of entities.
14. Demonstrate the ability to speak, read, and write English.
15. Possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, vendors, churches, committees, organizations, etc.
16. Must have excellent organizational skills; the ability to multi-task.
17. Demonstrate professionalism in the workplace to include professional and accurate communication with others.
18. Proficient working knowledge and ability to use various office software on Mac and PC including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, ProTools, Audition, Ableton, Digital Performer, Etc.
19. Maintain proficient working knowledge and ability to use various digital audio consoles (Yamaha, Digico, Midas, Etc.), personal monitoring systems, and the use of VSTs for live instrumentation.
20. Provide an understanding of IT infrastructure and networking, digital audio protocols (Dante, Madi, Etc.), timecode protocols and workflows.
21. Provide an understanding of large production workflows, stage directions, and timecode automation.
22. Be able to use up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
23. Be able to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; Have the ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
24. Be able to bend, stoop and climb periodically.
- A strong Christ-follower who can identify closely with the mission, values, vision and priorities of Mobberly Baptist Church.
- A mature Christian who is growing in their personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible Study, prayer and service.
- A willingness to be a “team player,” where collaboration can exist between all ministries and volunteers within Mobberly Baptist Church.
- An understanding and passion for music and technology as it relates to ministry.
- The proven ability to identify, train, lead, and care for a large volunteer staff.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum High School diploma; Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Road experience a plus.
- Experience and applied knowledge of audio engineering, general signal flow, and general troubleshooting.
- Experience with field audio recording, ADR, Foley and post-production for video is a plus.
The purpose of all MBC position descriptions is to describe the basic function, major responsibilities/tasks and essential functions of each job so that employees can be aware and understand what is expected of them. The descriptions also provide information useful for recruiting, training and performance appraisal. This document does not create an employment contract, nor does it modify the at-will employment status of all employees.
A job description is not meant to inhibit employee creativity or innovation. The description will be revised as job responsibilities change materially.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Multi-media ManagerWest End United Methodist Church
- Nashville, Tennessee
- September 26
Director of MusicOur Savior Lutheran Church
- Livermore, California
- September 25
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
Contemporary Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church
- LaGrange, Georgia
- September 23