We are a family-oriented community of faith where anyone at any stage of life can experience the dynamic presence of God. Our commitment to love, acceptance and forgiveness allows God to bring people to wholeness through restoration and spiritual formation.
Life is a battle but Generations United is the church where no one fights alone.
About this Position
The Worship Pastor is the spiritual and organizational leader who oversees the worship ministries of Generations United Church. Oversight of the worship ministry includes but is not limited to leading our corporate worship; implementation of Generations
United’s vision, mission, and strategy in the worship area; crafting the themes for each service in conjunction with the Lead Pastor; training and nurturing team members while working with various groups throughout the church to use music and the arts for
worship; ensuring each worship service is led in such a way that the congregation has an opportunity to experience the dynamic presence of God. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successful ministry in a high-pace, creative/innovative,
and relationally driven environment.
Role and Responsibilities
The Worship Pastor provides overall leadership to churchwide worship ministries and serves as a valuable member of the pastoral staff in various other areas of responsibility, as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Integrate the mission and vision of Generations United into worship ministries and derive a similarly relevant mission and branding for the department.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals as necessary.
- Ensure that any worship needs are fulfilled on Wednesday nights to include adult and youth services.
- Prepare the needed tracks and sessions within Ableton software to enhance weekly services.
- Attend weekly staff meetings in order to receive pertinent information from the Executive Team, and share relevant information from the worship ministry.
- Plan the corporate worship services of Generations United Church in consultation with the Lead Pastor.
- Schedule volunteers within the vocal team and band to lead worship on Sundays, and any special events.
- Set the direction for special “Nights of Worship” at regular intervals throughout the year.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Generations United Church.
- Manage all copyright licenses needed for the worship team to operate on an optimal basis.
- Develop, propose and manage the worship department’s annual budget.
- Assist in the proposal, design, and building of new platform sets.
- Assist in the management of sound engineering to ensure that the mix & overall sound is at an optimal level.
- Provide spiritual guidance and leadership to worship team members, as needed.
- Serve the congregation by providing general pastoral care, including hospital visitation, on-call rotation, and other appropriate ministries in times of crisis.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in worship ministry required.
- Requires a high school diploma (or GED). Candidates with an associate degree, or higher, in Music, or a related field are preferred.
- Must be in agreement with the doctrines of Generations United (http://www.genuchurch.com/what-we-believe).
Must be proficient in Music Theory, and possess the ability to communicate and teach this to others. Must be able to play either piano or guitar at a level that will allow the individual to lead rehearsals and worship services from that instrument. Must
be able to identify harmony parts vocally, and teach them to other vocalists in preparation for Sunday worship. Must have the ability to teach and lead the band in preparation for Sunday worship. Proficiency with Ableton, ProPresenter, Song Select, and other
music software/programs/apps is preferred.
Salary & Benefits Package:
- Competitive salary based upon experience and qualifications
- Employee medical & vision insurance
- Relocation expenses
- Paid vacation
- Sun (8.30am – 12:30pm)
- Mon – Thurs (9am – 5pm)
- Occasional afterhours/weekends typical of pastoral ministry
Submit cover letter and resume to Debbie Early (firstname.lastname@example.org | Subject: Worship Pastor).
*Including a photograph of yourself and videos/links of you leading worship services/events is highly encouraged.