This job description can also be viewed at http://journeyontheweb.org/#/resources/job-opportunities
Position: Youth Pastor
Status: Full Time
The Youth Pastor is a man who assists the Lead Pastor in carrying out the mission of the church to make and become fully devoted followers of Christ through the renewing and transforming power of the gospel for the glory of God. The Youth Pastor will be responsible for leading the youth ministry as well as other responsibilities in the broader ministry of the church.
- is in complete agreement with and is excited about the beliefs, mission statement, and core values of Journey Christian Church (see http://www.journeyontheweb.org/#/home/what-we-believe ) (Note that we are Reformed and Complementarian in our theology.)
- believes that the greatest need of every youth is to be saved by Jesus Christ and that the greatest goal of the youth ministry is to build followers of Christ by reaching students with the gospel and then helping them to grow toward maturity in their faith
- has a passion for teaching Scripture in a way that maintains the authority of the text and is relevant and applicable to the life of the learner
- has a love for youth, and a passion for youth to come to know Christ and grow in their relationship with Christ
- values integrating the youth ministry with the overall ministry of the local church
- is gifted in forming, casting, and executing a vision for the youth ministry
- is committed to developing and working with and through volunteer leaders
- is committed to working with parents as part of the ministry to students
- is humble, teachable, and always seeking to learn to serve Christ better
- has a bachelor’s or master’s degree in bible, theology, or ministry (or equivalent experience)
- has experience serving as a leader overseeing a ministry in a local church
- meets the qualifications of I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- recruit, train, develop, and oversee volunteer staff
- teaching – Sunday School and Wednesday night Bible Study
- discipling/counseling – meeting with students individually or in small groups
- administration - planning, scheduling, and communication
- missions – Summer Servants (high school Summer mission trip), JAM (junior high weekend mission trip) Flower City Work Camp (city wide inner city outreach)
- socials – events for youth for building relationships within the group and reaching out
- participate in Worship Services as directed by the Lead Pastor
- directly reports to the Lead Pastor
- under the authority, direction, and evaluation of the elders
- fulltime salary
- health insurance
- budget that includes funds for personal development
To apply, please click the "apply now" button, which will bring you to the church website. There, you will find a link through which you may upload your resume in a Microsoft Word or PDF format. Please also let us know how you learned about this position. Thank you.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Ministry PastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Journey Christian Church
Our Mission: We exist to make more and better disciples by the gospel for the glory of God.
We are a church that is pursuing a love for God, a love for those who are already seeking to be fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ, and a love for those who are yet to join us on this journey. These pursuits drive us as we study Scripture, worship, pray, and meet in small groups. In all of these we are seeking to experience the presence of God.
At Journey Christian Church, we lo More...