Chapel Pointe is prayerfully seeking a Prayer and Worship Pastor. Chapel Pointe is a growing and healthy congregation focused on fulfilling its vision, to be “transformed followers of Jesus, passionately responding to God, rooted in prayer and equipping
disciples.” Located in a western suburb of Grand Rapids, Michigan, the church is striving to minister to an ever-growing number of young families, averaging 1,000 people per week.
The Prayer and Worship Pastor will be primarily responsible to train, shepherd and disciple the worship volunteers and teams to assist our church in expressing our faith and love in Jesus. He will oversee worship during weekend services and other ministry
events, supporting the vision of Chapel Pointe at all times.
We are continually learning what it means to be a praying church, and believe this is directly connected to what it means to be a worshipping church. The Prayer and Worship Pastor is responsible to guide the church in prayer initiatives. With a calling
to serve its community and help others encounter God, worship gatherings at Chapel Pointe involve engaging worship and Bible-centered teaching. We believe that worship is both led and taught, and is to equip the believer to become whole-hearted disciples.
The Worship and Prayer Pastor is to cultivate an environment of authentic worship and discipleship. He is to be an experienced worship leader whose heart for worship and compassion to invest in the lives of others is clearly evident.
The candidate must be able to audition and develop other musicians and vocalists, always embodying the integrity that others seek to follow. A ministry degree is required in the area of worship and the candidate must have demonstrated 4-5 years of professional
development and oversight in full-time worship ministry. There is to be a successful history of leading worship in a ministry setting that is multi-generational, along with a heart for prayer.
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Jesus Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer and personal worship.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Chapel Pointe.
- Plan the worship services of Chapel Pointe in consultation with the Lead Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness. Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the
theme for the day.
- Oversee song selection, media preparation and presentation, sound and lighting enhancements, and coordination of all instrumentalists, vocalists, and dramatists.
- Provide pastoral care for the worship team.
- Introduce worship teams to worship training and resources.
- Plan ways to use music and drama to reach out to the community evangelistically.
- Oversee the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and then evaluate how those goals were attained or modified during the year.