To Apply, go to: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/at-jobopportunities.php?clientkey=CB734A17160E816DB83C2777D7B49D02
Position Summary: The Facilities Manager will oversee the operation of the facilities and grounds ensuring a comfortable, usable, and safe environment for all staff, members, and guests. This position will be responsible for the direction,
instruction and guidance of maintenance employees. The Facilities Manager will be accountable for the operational results within his department and remain ready to meet the goals and objectives set forth by Southeast Christian Church.
Desired Characteristics: The Facilities Manager should possess a passion for teamwork, cleanliness, attention to detail, and be a self-motivated individual who is effective in directing a team, recruiting and building volunteer teams, and producing results.
Time Requirements: Full-time, flexible schedule, with emergency and on-call availability.
- Lead a team of maintenance technicians in day-to-day facility, events, and project responsibilities.
- Monitor and maintain work request system and related records.
- Monitor daily room setup schedule to ensure timely meeting and event preparation.
- Responsible for maintaining a budget while meeting long and short-term goals of the facility and grounds.
- Oversee and participate in seasonal duties, such as snow removal and grounds maintenance.
- Will respond to or designate personnel for emergency and routine maintenance calls.
- Manage outside contractors and vendors in the planning of projects, acquisition of proposals and oversight of work performed. Negotiate cost and scheduling needs with contractors when maintenance and repair services are needed.
- Oversee custodial contractor to ensure the building is kept clean and attractive.
- Ensure compliance with Building and Fire code requirements.
- Promote a positive team attitude with staff and volunteers maintaining gracious, collaborative, and professional working relationships.
- Serve on various teams, attend meetings and communicate pertinent information to employees.
- Coordinate and supervise groups of volunteers for projects and regular facility and grounds maintenance.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma and 5 or more years’ experience in facility and maintenance personnel management.
- Good organizational and planning skills and a demonstrated ability to lead employees and volunteers.
- Must have experience in a supervisory capacity and possess the skills necessary to oversee the efficient and effective operation of a maintenance department.
- Must be knowledgeable and have some proficiency in the building trades: commercial carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, flooring, drywall, HVAC, and other trades as necessary.
- Required to work a flexible schedule, including emergency events, some weekends and holidays, ensuring maintenance personnel coverage of the property.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions.
- Familiarization with office productivity software, work organizational software, and automated control systems.
- Ability to safely operate a range of machinery including but not limited to: man lifts, power washer, snow plows, small tractor and implements.
- Heavy lifting up to 100 lb.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time during shifts and special events.
- Perform in all weather conditions and seasons.
- The position requires a full range of motion including reaching, stooping, kneeling, climbing and walking.
- Able to work from ladders, lifts and scaffolding at heights up to 45 feet.
- Ability to perform some aspects of janitorial duties.
- Growing as a daily disciple of Jesus and making prayer and Scripture reading a regular part of your walk with Christ.
- Strives to live out the greatest commandment: to love God with all of your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind.
- Wholeheartedly believe in and be willing to live out the vision, core values and ministry objectives of Southeast Christian Church.
- Works to maintain healthy Christian relationships and can model love and trust even in the midst of conflict.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Southeast Christian Church
We strive to equip and empower people to love God, love people and impact the world. This is accomplished through engaging worship services every weekend, connection with others in large and small groups, and local and international outreaches.More...