The Elementary Director at SeaCoast Grace Church is responsible for all aspects of establishing and operating the elementary ministry (K-5th) under the direction and vision of the KIDS Pastor. This position includes providing leadership and oversight to
the spiritual needs and development of the children and their families. Their goal is to recruit, equip, and lead staff/volunteer teams for all major elements and events within the elementary ministry, including weekend services.
- Coordinates large group weekend service elements.
- Conducts weekly elementary team meetings.
- Ensures implementation and retooling of curriculum for both large group services and small group lessons.
- Oversees preparation of weekend materials.
- Develops and maintains a team of volunteers to creatively teach and lead worship.
- Recruits and schedules small group leaders and teachers.
- Leads rehearsals for weekend services.
- Produces service and stage elements that are visually appealing, creative, and innovative.
- Prepares Planning Center with appropriate cues/notes for weekly Large Group services.
- Maintains ministry monthly budget and spending.
- Participates on the VBS leadership team.
- Hosts elementary special events and extra-curricular programs.
- Organizes annual winter camp.
- Creates and maintains an environment that is safe and welcoming for all guests, children, and their families.
- Builds relationships with parents, children, and volunteers.
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent ministry experience.
- Familiar with Orange curriculum. (preferred, not required)
- Familiar with Planning Center Scheduling & Registrations. (preferred, not required)
- Children's ministry experience. (large church setting preferred)
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and team building skills.
- Accepts and supports SeaCoast Grace's: Vision, Mission, Beliefs and Values.
- Presents positive ministry attitude towards parents, children, leaders, and volunteers at all times.
- Follows Matthew 18 for conflict resolution with parents and staff members.
- Expected to represent Christ and SeaCoast Grace Church both on and off campus.