Job Description for:
Pastor of High School Ministry
(Old North Church of Canfield, Ohio)
Position: Pastor of High School Ministry (Grades 9-12)
Reports to: Pastor of Student Ministry
Purpose: To shepherd and lead high school students and their families in cooperation with the mission, vision, and values of Old North Church.
Salary: Based on education, experience, level of responsibility and job performance.
- Committed to personal discipleship - growth toward Christian maturity in the areas of conviction, character, and competency through deepening relationships with God’s word and God’s people
- Evidence of the experience, skills, and giftedness which provide the basis for successfully achieving the purpose of the position
- Strongly supports the mission, vision, values, and leadership of Old North Church
- Evidence of workplace habits in prior employment demonstrating:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and training in youth ministry or a related field. Seminary training advantageous.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, as a team member, and a team leader
- Good communication
- Ability to initiate and implement a plan of action
- Faithful steward in use of time and resources
- Provide general leadership to the High School Ministry at Old North.
- Serve as the primary Bible teacher in current and future ministry venues.
- Spend quality time with students and their families.
- Develop strategies and programs that connect students with Christ.
- Provide venues for Christian community and gospel growth.
- Recruit, train, and disciple ministry team, lay leaders, and teachers.
- Ensure the safety of students by thoroughly screening and vetting leaders.
- Communicate ministry strategies and programs to staff, volunteers, students, and parents.
- Run key programs and events including but not limited to: Sunday Mornings, Midweek Youth Group, Special Events (Fifth Quarter, Summer Outreach, etc.)
- Organize and lead high school outreach and missions work.
- Serve as the point person for High School Ministry in relationship to Old North’s other primary ministry departments.
- Work in close proximity and cooperation with Children’s and Middle School Ministry ensuring smooth transitions between ministries.
- Prepare and manage the High School Ministry budget in cooperation with the Pastor Student Ministry and Executive Pastor.
- Perform other general pastoral functions such as: hospital visitation, pastoral counseling, church assimilation, corporate worship leadership, weddings, funerals, etc.