Life Connection Church is seeking its next pastor. This 100-strong Filipino congregation was founded by Pastor Carlos San Luis in 1991. Since 1995 it has been led by Pastor Danny Elardo. The same year, it began construction of its first building on S Goldenrod
Road in Orlando, FL. In 2014 it completed construction of a 200-seat auditorium. This congregation has a strong desire to be used to further the gospel in the area and worldwide, as well as build on their strong fellowship and friendships with each other.
Life Connection Church is a member of Converge Worldwide. They are open to both first and next generation pastors applying for this position. The applicant should meet the biblical requirements of an elder (1 Timothy 3/Titus 1). He needs to have the ability
to relate to the Filipino culture, but also have the desire and ability to reach out to a multicultural population in the Orlando area.
NON-NEGOTIABLE: APPLICANTS MUST HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE LIVING OR SERVING IN A FILIPINO CULTURAL CONTEXT.
He must agree with both LCC’s vision and its doctrinal beliefs. These are:
Vision and Mission: To expand God’s Kingdom through networks of passionate Christ followers. Life Connection Church, desires to be a lighthouse for Christ in the Orlando area, and beyond. Many people today are searching for the truth.
We want to spread Christ's message of truth through soul-winning and Christ-centered worship, as well as be a place where people from all walks of life can come and be accepted. LCC exists to glorify God by bringing change in the lives of people, through the
Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1.We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, and that it has supreme authority
in all matters of faith and conduct.
2. We believe that there is one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons; that these are equal in every divine perfection, and that they execute distinct but harmonious offices in the work of creation, providence and redemption.
3. We believe in God, the heavenly Father, an infinite personal spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love. We believe that the He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men, that He hears and answers prayers, that He saves from sin and
death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
4. We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten and eternal Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings. We believe in His substitutionary atoning death, bodily resurrection, ascension into heaven,
perpetual intercession for His people, and personal visible return to earth.
5. We believe in the Holy Spirit who came forth from the Father and Son to convince the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, and to regenerate, sanctify, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ. We believe that the Holy Spirit
indwells every believer in Christ, and that He is an abiding helper, teacher and guide.
6. We believe that all men are sinners in nature and by choice are, therefore, under condemnation. We believe that those who repent of their sins and trust in Jesus Christ as Savior are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
7. We believe in the universal church, a living spiritual body of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members. We believe in the local church, consisting of a company of believers in Jesus Christ baptized on a credible profession of
faith, and associated for worship, work and fellowship. We believe that God has laid upon the members of the local church the primary task of giving the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost world.
8. We believe that a Christians should live for the glory of God and the wellbeing of his fellowmen; that his conduct should be blameless before the world; that he should be a faithful steward of his possessions;
and that should seek to realize for himself and others, the full stature of maturity in Christ.
9. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ has committed two ordinances to the local church, baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe that the Christian baptism is the immersion of a believer in water in the name of the triune God. We believe that the Lord’s
Supper was instituted by Christ Jesus for commemoration of His death. We believe that these two ordinances should be observed and administered until the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
10. We believe that every human being has direct relations with God, and is responsible to God alone in all matters of faith; that each church is independent and must be free from interference by any ecclesiastical or political authority;
that therefore church and state must keep separate as having different functions, each fulfilling its duties free from dictation or patronage of the other.
11. We believe that local churches can best promote the cause of Jesus Christ by cooperating with one another in denominational organization. Such an organization, whether regional or district conference, exists and functions by the will of the churches.
Cooperation is voluntary and may be terminated at any time. Churches may likewise cooperate with interdenominational fellowships on a voluntary independent basis.
12. We believe in the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to earth and the establishment of His kingdom. We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgment, the eternal happiness of the righteous, and the endless suffering of
If you are interested, please send your resume to Ailaine Cruz at
email@example.com by November 20, 2015.
For more information about Life Connection Church, visit our website at www.ficcorlando.org.