DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES
Position Title: Director of Children’s Ministry
Position Reports to: Executive Pastor
Position Objective: To shepherd and lead a life-giving and life-changing Children’s Ministry at Harvest Bible Chapel of North Indianapolis.
Harvest Bible Chapel North Indianapolis:
A) Planted in September of 2007, Harvest Bible Chapel of North Indianapolis is an exciting young church that exists “to glorify God by making disciples of all nations.” Over the past eight years, the church has grown steadily in number and maturity and now sees over 1000 people active in the weekend worship services and weekly discipleship ministries. Harvest North Indy is part of the Harvest Bible Fellowship (www.harvestbiblefellowship.us), an association of over 125 like-minded churches spread throughout the world. Each Harvest Bible Chapel is an independent, elder-governed church and is committed to Bible-saturated ministry within a contemporary context.
B) At Harvest Bible Chapel, our ministry rests on our commitment to Four Pillars:
1) Preaching the authority of God’s Word without apology. (2 Timothy 4:2)
2) Lifting high the name of Jesus in worship. (John 4:24)
3) Believing firmly in the power of prayer. (Ephesians 6:18)
4) Sharing the Good News of Jesus with boldness. (Ephesians 6:19-20)
Spiritual and Character Qualifications:
The Director of Children’s Ministry should:
• Have a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate, growing, personal relationship with Him.
• Have a history of moral purity
• Be a self-starter with drive, passion and initiative
• Be teachable and willing to be held accountable
• Be a team player with a positive attitude
• Possess the spiritual gifts of teaching (Romans 12:7), leadership (Romans 12:8) and administration (1 Corinthians 12:28).
• At least five years of full-time ministry experience leading a children’s ministry in a church of at least 750 attendees or significant background in the education field.
• A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four year college or university. A degree from a Bible College/Christian University or a Master’s Degree from an accredited evangelical seminary is desired.
• Enthusiasm for the doctrine, vision and philosophy of Harvest Bible Chapel.
• Proven ability to enlist volunteers and develop leaders
• Must be a “leader of leaders”
• Able to articulate a biblical philosophy of children’s ministries within a discipleship focus.
THE MISSION OF HARVEST BIBLE CHAPEL IS TO GLORIFY GOD BY MAKING DISCIPLES OF ALL NATIONS
• Provide oversight for all aspects of HarvestKids Children’s Ministry (staffing, training, administration)
• Cast a vision that compels children to Worship, Walk, Work and Witness for Christ
• Recruit and mentor adult and student leaders
• Plan 2-3 leadership/training meetings per year
• Give oversight and leadership to HarvestKids summer programming such as Rock the Block or Vacation Bible School.
• Plan and implement 2-3 ministry events per year
• Develop and track an annual, strategic ministry plan
• Build relationships with parents
• Network with other Children’s Ministry Directors (Harvest and local)
• Project and manage an annual ministry budget
• Aggressively pursue personal, spiritual and professional growth.
• Attend and participate in regular staff meetings.
• Carry out other assignments as directed and agreed upon with the Executive Pastor
Salary and Benefits:
• A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience will be provided
For Contact: Please send cover letter, Resume with photo and recent teaching CD/DVD to:
Harvest Bible Chapel, North Indianapolis
Attn.: Director of Children’s Ministry Search Committee
14550 River Road Carmel, IN 46033
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1