WHO WE ARE
2|42 is a multisite church in southeast Michigan which has grown from 500 on launch day to over 5000+ in 10 years. We currently have 2 campuses, one in Ann Arbor and one in Brighton, Michigan with future campuses to come.
OUR MISSION, VALUES, & FUTURE
"Helping. People. Take. Next. Steps. With. God"
Celebrate: Honor God. | Our Relationship with God
Connect: Love Each Other. | Our Relationship with Each Other
Contribute: Impact the World. | Our Relationship with the World
2|42 Community Church was named the
8th fastest growing church in the country by Outreach Magazine for 2013
3rd fastest growing church in the country by Outreach Magazine for 2014
18th fastest growing church in the country by Outreach Magazine for 2015
As we continue to build on the momentum, 2|42 will be launching more campuses, adding space to existing campuses and continuing to add weekend services to accommodate our growth.
We are staff-Ied and elder protected.
OUR ETHOS & VIBE
LOVE | Small things done with great love can change the world.
AUTHENTICITY | The Church should be a real place for real people.
CULTURAL RELEVANCE | The Bible is God’s eternal truth and should communicated in a way that makes sense.
FUN | Jesus made it possible for us to radically enjoy a relationship with Him and to enjoy His creation.
DOING LIFE TOGETHER | Taking next steps with God takes place best in the context of authentic, loving relationships. People matter to God and they should matter to us.
EXCELLENCE | Not unrealistic perfection, but bringing you’re “A-game” to all areas of life honors God and inspires others.
REPRODUCTION | The Church is a movement, not an institution. Mission is why the Church exists and every Christ-follower is free to attempt great things for God. We encourage Christ-followers to reproduce Christ- followers, leaders to reproduce leaders
and churches to reproduce churches.
NEXT STEPS | Taking next steps towards being like Christ in each area of life is normal for every Christ-follower
CREATIVITY | Creativity and innovation are the natural results of taking next steps with the ultimate creator. Artistic expression should be encouraged and not ignored. The church should be transforming, not conforming.
SIMPLICITY | yep, simple
THEOLOGICALLY | "in essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, love"
CHECK US OUT AT
Title: Community Life Director - Both Campuses
The Community Life Director is the point person and champion for community connection within each campus. This is facilitated primarily through the development and shepherding of small groups using “The Nine”. Each CLD will have a geographical network
under their care and will be responsible for maintaining a healthy coaching structure within this network. 2|42’s vision for small groups is that they “are the church” so benevolence, pastoral care and evangelism happens more naturally within these networks
and the community life pastor’s role will be to help nurture this idea through measurable systems.
- Be the “point person” for community life in the congregation.
- Identify, equip, coach and provide care to network leaders who in turn provide the same care for apprentices and small group leaders. Championing Groups as a step of The Nine.
- Identify, equip, coach and provide care to Coaches. Championing Coached & Coaching as steps of The Nine.
- Provide leadership development outlets for network leaders, group leaders and apprentice leaders.
- Meet monthly with Network Leaders maintaining a healthy coaching relationship.
- Lead & Coach Network leaders in maintaining and developing relationships in their local community for outreach (both social and service)
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an annual outreach calendar for each network under their care (ServeFest).
- Reach and maintain 70% grouped adults within their geographical network
- Teach and maintain StepOne, LifeMap and LeadOut (Formation classes).
- Author life lessons for each series
- Oversee benevolence in their networks and campuses
- Oversee benevolence for the ungrouped and non attenders
- Provide pastoral care when necessary (funerals, hospital visits, Weddings)
- Provide short term counseling (pre-marital, marital, individual)
- Serve as a visible and accessible leadership presence at weekend services.
- Provide CCB training, reporting and process queues.
- Perform baptisms and champion baptisms at their campus
The Community Life Director will report to our Campus Pastor and will become a member of our Campus Leadership Team & Community Life Team.
The successful candidate will have a deep and growing relationship with God, active involvement in the leadership of a church, and a commitment to maintaining healthy accountable relationships. A Christ honoring lifestyle marked by, servanthood,
generosity, joy, love for bible study and prayer. A growing passion to shepherd others in their walk with God and to work effectively with many key leaders is necessary. Integrity in finances, relationships, and time management is expected.
Knowledge of spiritual formation; demonstrated experience in successful leadership in spiritual formation in a medium to large church; proven experience in team building, vision-casting and training leaders for ministry; ability to thrive in a fast-moving
environment; excellent working knowledge of the Bible; tactical thinker with proven ability to equip leaders and organize functional structures; transformational leader of leaders; effective communicator to adults of all ages; proven effectiveness in a multi-staff
setting; able to connect multi-generationally; seminary or bible college degree from an accredited institution is preferred, or equivalent time in a ministry role.
- The Lead Team and Campus Pastor, will determine and regularly monitor the goals for each of the following desired outcomes (every four months; 3 Terms per year)
- Increase the percent of adults in small groups (build upon our 50%-60% rate of participation)
- Goal - 70% Grouped per weekend adult attendance
- Increase the percent of adults in coaching groups (build upon our 10% rate of participation)
- Goal - 30% Coached per weekend adult attendance
- Increase the percent of individuals who attend Formation classes (assimilation)
- Develop a strong Leadership pipeline of Network Leaders, Small Group Leaders, Hosts & Coaches.
- Goal - Min. 20% Number of Small Groups Increase each Fall & Winter Term.
- Develop Community Life Apprentices to help assist in these tasks as well as train & equip the next generation of leaders.
Accepting applications through October 30th 2015