The Upper Valley Campus Pastor will contribute to Upper Valley’s mission of seeing lives changed through Christ by serving as the lead staff position at one of our future Campuses. The Campus Pastor is a high caliber leader who serves as the “face” of Upper Valley and is primarily responsible for all ministry teams, programs and volunteers at the campus. This includes the role of building teams, identifying leaders, managing for quality, solving problems, championing the DNA and mission of Upper Valley, and ultimately leading people to realize and reach their full potential in Jesus Christ.
- Participate in directional leadership of Upper Valley Big Picture
- Determines the direction for the Campus & communicates this effectively to the campus staff to be executed
- Responsible for the success of the campus (vision, strategy, program development, evaluation, staff)
- Provide direct staff oversight and vision alignment (sets objectives, hire/fire)
- Oversees the budget for the campus
- Recruit, train, develop, equip, value, and care for key ministry team leaders (paid and unpaid) to ensure their success at the regional campus.
- Help meet the pastoral care needs of the growing congregation, both personally and through developing systems of care.
- Maintain a presence in the community of the regional campus by representing the face of Upper Valley at any local event possible.
- Lead by example on Sunday mornings, being first there and last to leave, jumping in wherever help is needed, etc.
- Be the up front leader for worship services and corporate events.
- Work “on” the campus development plan, in consultation with the Executive Pastor of Ministry to strategize for ways to grow the campus and the people attending that campus.
- Evaluate and upgrade everything at the campus, from equipment to volunteer systems to volunteer efforts – continually make everything new, improved and improving.
- Other duties as assigned
- Be a Minister of the Gospel to all members of the Church and people within the community.
- Administer communion
- Perform marriage ceremonies, baptisms, and funerals as needed
- Facilitate worship services
- Participate in church governing meetings and committees
- Provide pastoral care and services to the sick and needy within the congregation
- Provide spiritual leadership to all who attend the Upper Valley campus
- Cast vision in a variety of ways to keep the leaders and team members focused on the purpose and goals of the ministry
- Continually meet with people for mentoring, discipleship, team-building and vision-casting.
- Recruit new volunteers
- Clearly define roles and expectations for each person on the team
- Provide training opportunities to strengthen personnel skills
- Care for team in a personal and Christ-like manner
- Celebrate wins consistently with the team
- Recruit/train leaders to fill all ministry leadership positions
- Provide leadership training on an on-going basis
- Commend and appreciate leaders and volunteers continually
- Arrange for apprenticeships between skilled team members and new personnel
- Give feedback and evaluations to ministry leaders and team members regularly
- Focus on personal walk with God in order to lead others out of that overflow
- Find mentors who can lead and coach you in your area of ministry and your personal walk with God
- Increase your knowledge by visiting other churches, consulting experts, attending conferences, and reading industry-leading authors
- Continually seek feedback
- Meet with and assist other campus pastors and staff to promote unity and synergy for accomplishing Upper Valley’s mission.
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage Campus Staff
- Lead volunteers
- Strategic Thinker - Intrinsically motivated to look for ways to keep the campus new, improved and improving. Able to ask questions for understanding and advancement of ideas/concepts
- Talent Scout – Naturally identifies and recruits people into areas of service that best meets their gift set.
- Quality Manager - Ability to identify problems, find solutions, and improve systems.
- Cheerleader - Able to effectively communicate in a vision casting, host, greeter, mentor and managerial setting
- Team Builder - Ability to build teams, equip and empower leaders, and hand off ministry effectively. Able to deal with conflict.
- Communicator - Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Coachable and takes direction well
- Able to lead multiple projects at once
- Able to work independently, as well as with a team
Education: College degree (seminary preferred) or higher
Eperience: Minimum of five years related experience in leading at high-levels in a growing church of at least 2,000.
Licenses: Ministerial License (Ordination preferred) and License from State of Ohio to perform marriage ceremonies.
*Both can be obtained within 12 months of hire.
- None specified
Personal and Spiritual Requirements
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle
- Models standards and expectations of leaders within UVCC, including:
- 1. Partnership
- 2. Tithe (within 3 months)
- 3. Participate in authentic community (meaningful accountability)
- 4. Regular attendance at all UVCC services
- 5. Abstain from alcohol, tobacco and illegal substances.
At Upper Valley we value working through people to accomplish goals, as well as personally contributing at a level that requires God’s help. By maintaining these priorities, we will put ourselves in a position where we can continue to strive for excellence and value reaching lost people.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus PastorCenterPoint Church
- Massapequa, New York
- October 27
Teaching Pastor (#12135)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Northeast, New York
- October 27
Campus PastorManchester Christian Church
- Manchester, New Hampshire
- October 27
Senior Pastor (767612)Private Profile
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Upper Valley Community Church
Upper Valley Community Church was founded in July of 1994 by a small group of people who wanted to UVCC Outside Crosshelp others come to know Jesus and the life He created for them. From the beginning, UVCC has continually focused on being a place for people who had previously “tried” church and found it irrelevant. Our purpose has always been to help people rediscover God and connect them with others on the same journey.More...