Position: Associate Pastor of Worship
Reports to: Senior Pastor
In a part-time staff position (24 hours per week), work with the senior pastor in overseeing the planning, preparation and leading of corporate worship in various venues, in developing and implementing our ongoing communications strategy, and to assist in other areas as ministry gifts and passions apply.
Strengths & Qualifications:
- Effective in planning and vocally leading corporate worship
- Evident gifts in music and leadership are a must. Experience in leading blended worship services and knowledge of sound systems is desired
- Is able to work effectively with the congregation, staff, and Elder Board
- Understands the scriptural and theological basis of worship
- Possesses and models a dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ and is passionate about the Lord
- Have a working knowledge and an appreciation of various styles and traditions in church music. Is willing to champion a blended worship service of both traditional and contemporary music
- Ability to design and implement ministry structures and to recruit volunteers and delegate ministry responsibilities as necessary
- Proficiency in various social media platforms and graphic software, such as Photoshop
- Ability to use or learn Planning Center Online
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Intentionally and consistently nurture a dynamic, personal relationship with God
- Self-leadership, personal accountability and absolute integrity
- Devote priority time to family, personal Bible study, prayer and worship
- Lead the congregation in becoming a spiritually dynamic body through connecting to God’s presence in worship at various venues.
- Shepherding and overseeing the Praise Team and Music, Video, and Drama (MVD) team spiritually first and musically second.
- Planning and attending regular and special worship services and events.
- Plan and lead our Ancient-Modern Service in cooperation with Senior Pastor
- Working with Seniors to create opportunities for them to worship in a style they are familiar with
Additional Duties: Communications
- Maintain web presence and outreach through the website, facebook, twitter, etc.
- Oversee communications strategy for all church events and programs
- Design graphic communications for use online and in print (as skill level permits)
- Set and meet ministry goals under supervision of Senior Pastor
- Participate in pastoral staff responsibilities (Staff meetings, etc.)
- Enter into the life of the church by attending Growth Groups, special events and activities
- Partner with Senior Pastor to envision new and better ministry
- Build pastoral relationships with the body and with visitors.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Director of Worship (Non-Traditional)Trinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Associate/Worship PastorDupont Church of the Brethren
- Dupont, Ohio
- January 17
Worship Pastor / DirectorFirst Federated Church
- Des Moines, Iowa
- January 16
PRAISE & WORSHIP LEADEREnglewood Christian Assembly of God
- Englewood, Ohio
- January 16