- A. QUALIFICATIONS
1. Baccalaureate degree and seminary degree required.
2. A minimum of five years of ministry experience in leadership positions related to pastoral care or program ministry in a multiple staff church setting.
3. Ability to design and implement a comprehensive care ministry for the members and attendees of Calvary Church.
Ability to design and implement a volunteer-based care ministry team.
Ability to design and implement premarital, wedding and funeral programs and processes.
Ability to design and implement a program that offers a variety of support/ recovery group
Ability to design and implement a membership, baptism and assimilation processes that
encourage commitment to and involvement in the life of Calvary Church.
- Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Calvary Church.
- Be a regular participant in public worship at Calvary Church.
- Remain a member in good standing of Calvary Church.
Provide a comprehensive care ministry for Calvary Church members and attendees.
- Provide pastoral care and counseling.
- Maintain personal contact with individuals, couples, families, and programs as they pertain to care ministry.
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders to serve in care ministries.
- Be an active care-giver.
- Develop and maintain relationships with area professional counselors who can serve as referral resources.
- Direct, equip and resource:
- The volunteer care ministry team
- Hospital and home-bound visitation
- The premarital, wedding and funeral processes
- Support/ recovery group ministries
- The membership, baptism and assimilation processes for people new to the church as well as absentee follow up.
- Coordinate care ministries utilizing Calvary Church staff and volunteer resources.
- Lead and manage staff and volunteers as needed.
- Participate in other pastoral functions as assigned by the Executive Pastor or Senior Pastor.
1. Reports to the Executive Pastor.
2. Relates to and coordinates with other ministry staff and volunteers.
3. Supervises Pastor of Senior Adult Ministries and other care ministry staff including interns.
4. Coordinates with other members of the church staff.