Christ Community Church is seeking a full-time Director/Pastor for Global and Local Ministries to begin by January 2016. Christ Community is a nondenominational church of 1500 Sunday attendees that wants to gather for worship, engage with
those far from God, and serve those in need. As outlined in the role description, this position calls for a real leader with executive or ministry experience who can authentically share a passion to reach others for Christ and create teams to mobilize
individuals based on their gifting. Responsibilities include a balance of caring for 52 current ministry partners who serve locally and globally, and the development of new ministry partners from our church family. The Director/Pastor will lead a department
team of one full-time associate and part-time administrator. Beyond their direct team, this person will be joining a terrific staff of 35 talented individuals who are committed to serving with passion, excellence, and creativity. Christ Community Church is
a vibrant church family located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia - just 30 minutes from downtown Philadelphia. The church is surrounded by great neighborhoods, schools, and amenities, a great place to call home!
To apply: email a cover letter, resume and recent picture, if you like, to Paul Clough, member of the Pastoral Leadership Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Director/Pastor of Global and Local Ministries is responsible for providing overall leadership for deploying cutting edge strategies to advance Christ Community's purpose to see God glorified in our Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and to the ends of the earth
(Acts 1:8) and for every attendee to engage in the great commission. This role has three primary priorities:
1) Leading a team of volunteers and paid staff which provides guidance to Strategic Priority Team (SPT) leaders, and overall leadership to the Missions Leadership Team (MLT).
2) Make disciples by educating and building global awareness across all church ministries.
3) Mobilization to the field, increasing engagement of attendees in local outreach, and caring for 52 existing ministry partners.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
1) Recruit, equip, and coach SPT leaders.
2) Supervise Missions Associate(s).
3) Lead the MLT to provide ministry direction, set strategic priorities, partner selection, and the annual budget.
1) Missions education and building missions awareness across the church to increase involvement of attendees in the great commission. Integrate Global and Local outreach across ministries including the pulpit ministry and coordinating church wide conferences.
2) Organize prayer for local and global ministries.
3) Mobilize attendees and non-attendees to the mission field including missionary candidate development (Declare program), and a new focus on mobilizing marketplace partners.
4) Give direction to church wide outreach efforts.
5) Provide short-term trips for exposure.
6) Advance outreach with local ministry partners including a strong emphasis on reaching internationals living locally.
7) Care for ministry partners including communications, encouragement, coaching, hospitality (Shalom house), and prayer. Regularly visit partners on the field.
Key Passions and Convictions:
1) Love for God and the exaltation of His name among all the peoples of the world.
2) Love and passion for reaching the lost globally and locally.
3) Love for empowering and equipping people for the work of the ministry.
Key Skills, Experiences, and Abilities:
1) Missions Experience: could include Long term field, Multiple short term field, previous missions pastor/director experience, or church planting experience.
2) Knowledgeable about the changing nature of missions and able to develop cutting edge strategies to motivate people to consider serving locally or globally.
3) Experience and ability in missionary care and candidate development.
4) Effective leader of volunteers, staff, and teams focused on a wide range of key priorities.
5) Strong delegation and vision casting skills.
6) Team player – works well with church staff and partner agencies. Strong integration skills.
7) Track record of mobilizing people and sending people to the field.
8) Personal experience in introducing individuals to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
1) Masters in Missions or Divinity
2) Perspectives class
3) Counselor skills and experience
4) Organizational skills