Position: Pastor/Director of Worship Media
Reports to: Worship Pastor
- Creative Team
- Video Director
- Communications Director
- IT Director
- Media Volunteers
Position Focus: The role of the Pastor/Director of Worship Media is to facilitate communication of the gospel by helping to create creative and compelling environments through the use of worship technology. This person will not only need
a high degree of technical expertise with AVL but also a demonstrated ability to recruit, train, and mobilize volunteers teams to serve in this area.
The Vision: To develop Christ-centered people who make a difference, by helping them Connect with Christ, Transform in Community, and Engage their World.
General duties and responsibilities:
To support the Vision, Purpose, and Process of McKinney Church by leading all components of Worship Media.
This position will be responsible for the following:
1. Leading the Way Personally:
We believe effective leaders are taking people someplace they are willing to go. We expect that everyone on the staff team at McKinney models a personal commitment to Christ-centeredness on a daily basis. Secondarily, we expect our staff team to champion
and support the mission and vision of McKinney personally.
2. Overseeing worship technology:
- Responsible for all aspects of technical production for services at McKinney Church ie. video, media, lighting.
- Provide technical advice, support, training and guidance to other ministries of the church, ie students, college, children.
- Maintain all worship technology and equipment
- Work with IT Director to fulfill the overall technical needs of McKinney Church
3. Develop & collaborate with teams:
- Develop, recruit, train and spiritually lead a team of people to execute technology for worship services.
- Serve on the creative planning team. Planning sermon series and other church wide events.
- Develop a team volunteers and contract employees to help with Special Event AVL needs
- Creative – able to think out of the box and design compelling environments
- Strategic – a gift to see the big picture and design systems that make all the pieces fit together.
- Loyal – believes in the vision and tenaciously pursues it.
- Organized – ability to spin multiple plates while managing time and meeting deadlines.
- Progressive – innate sense of where culture and technology is headed with the discernment of when to change.
- Practical – makes sure in the midst of creativity, art, and design, people get the message. Develops systems that are reliable and work.
- Intuitive – can trust their gut and knows if something will work within the context of the culture.
- Technical – Loves to learn about new technology. If possible, would rather understand how something works and do it yourself, rather than contract it out.
- Influencer – relationally connects and influences others to jump on board with new ideas.
- Good Eye – an inherent sense of what artistically works when developing worship environments.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience:
- College preferred
- Demonstrable competency in the following software & Web hosted solutions:
Familiarity with the following technologies & systems:
- Mac Computers
- Light board: ETC Cobalt
- Video switcher: Ross Carbonite 2ME
- understanding of programming sequences on an ETC - based lighting console
- Conventional, LED and intelligent light programming.
- understanding of basic signal-flow for video system
- Sound Board: Yamaha CL5
- LED Wall/Panel Technology
- Environmental Projection
Will need to show proven ability to get up to speed quickly on AVL technologies & equipment that you have not previously used.
- Significant experience (3 years +) in the area of worship technology
Please submit all resumes and cover letters to our Worship Pastor, Steve Newman, at firstname.lastname@example.org