Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team in the continued development and growth of a strong small group ministry fostering the importance of connection and biblical community.
- Develop and maintain an annual plan that ensures continuous improvement and growth of small group involvement.
- Implement recruitment of small group leadership team (Grow Team), small group leaders and participants along with processes ensuring a healthy small groups growth rate over time.
- Plan and execute regular small group connection events as a means of bridging the gap between attractional environments and deepening environments (small groups).
- Function as overall leader of all small groups through leading the Grow team (made up of LifeSupport Leaders) and one on one mentoring of those leaders.
- Empowering Grow Team to assist small group leaders in successful completion of their day-to-day duties and responsibilities.
- Foster a strong, active, growth and recruiting focused network of small group leaders, group members, and individuals interested in becoming part of the church’s small groups ministry.
- Plan and execute regular small group leader training and recognition events, ensuring the existence of a healthy body of small group leaders upon which to grow a strong small groups ministry.
- Create promotional materials and methods that ensure everyone at the church is aware of the small groups ministry area, its purpose and importance, and how to get connected.
- Identify and select small group curriculum and other small group study materials and tools.
- Coordinate small group pushes as part of the church’s weekend service planning and design processes.
- Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff performing baptism services, weddings, funerals, preaching, etc. as part of a rotation schedule as needed
- Assist in the development of an annual departmental budget and manage spending to meet budget.
- Perform other pastoral duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- 3+ years experience as a staff member in a ministry leadership capacity or equivalent volunteer experience in small group role
- Bachelor’s degree in biblical studies or related field
Core Competencies for this job To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- o Organizing: Gathers and organizes resources (people, funding, material, and support) to get things done; orchestrates multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- o Planning: Accurately assesses the length and difficulty of a project; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and road blocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
- o Managing vision and purpose: Articulates and supports the vision and mission of LifePoint Church; communicates a compelling and inspired vision for ministry; talks beyond the here and now to a larger sense of purpose; creates a compelling vision of possibility, hope and optimism; helps others to own the vision.
- o Managing conflict: Deals with problems quickly and directly; steps up to conflict, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; focuses when listening; settles disputes collaboratively and equitably; finds common ground and gets cooperation.
- o Interpersonal relationship: Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the congregation; builds appropriate rapport; builds effective and constructive relationships; balances team and individual responsibilities; gives and welcomes feedback; uses diplomacy and tact; is regarded as a team player.
- o Trust and integrity: Is widely trusted; seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values during good and bad times; acts in line with those values; practices what he or she teaches.
- o Dependability: Is self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative. Reports to work promptly at scheduled times. Accomplishes the assigned duties as described in the job description for the position.
- o Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- o Computer Skills: Performs certain tasks on the computer to successfully accomplish the job.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor, Adult Groups - Reservoir CampusPinelake Church
- Brandon, Mississippi
- January 16
Pastor, Adult Groups - Madison CampusPinelake Church
- Madison, Mississippi
- January 16
Student Communities PastorRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 11
Director of Disciple ConnectionsFaith Lutheran Church
- Flower Mound, Texas
- January 10
Connections PastorSunHills Church
- El Dorado Hills, California
- January 9
From its earliest days LifePoint Church has chosen a style of ministry that seeks to present the truth of Christ in genuine and meaningful ways. Typically, churches have gained a reputation for being boring and out-of-touch with real life. We're working to change that by presenting a life-changing message through the Holy Spirit's power in ways that people can relate to. More...