New Walk Church in Zephyrhills, FL (greater Tampa Bay area) launched in 2006 as a church plant, meeting in a YMCA. Since then, we have experienced sustained growth and witnessed incredible life change. Today, we consistently serve 2000+ people
every weekend at our main campus and our Dade City Campus. Our 9-year history includes over 4000 people beginning a relationship with Christ their Savior and over 1000 baptized! We have just entered an exciting season now as our Zephyrhills campus moved
into our brand new, state of the art, permanent worship facility, where we continue to partner with God in “Unleashing new purpose in every life through Jesus Christ.” Additional information is available at www.mynewwalk.com.
We are seeking candidates for the Executive Pastor position. We are looking for someone to partner with our Lead Pastor in the implementation of New Walk Church’s vision and spiritual direction, freeing the Lead Pastor to continue his main responsibility
of leading with the vision God has given him and “teaching and preaching of God’s Word.” The desired end result would be to increase the Lead Pastor’s time with the staff for the purpose of relationships, vision, and ministry, yet decrease his actual time
and involvement in the implementation of the vision. Reports to the Lead Pastor.
· Lead New Walk’s staff to champion and to fully execute the vision of “Unleashing new purpose in every life through Jesus Christ.”
· Partner with the Lead Pastor and Executive Team in providing strategic leadership in all areas of ministry and church operations, developing and tracking overarching church goals.
· Lead and equip staff ministry directors and support staff, developing and tracking specific measurable goals for each individual and ministry area—attempting always to maximize and fully leverage personal strengths, offering mentoring, training,
and development as appropriate.
· Lead and/or oversee New Walk’s administrative functions, including human resources, banking, accounting/budgeting, purchasing, etc.
· Partner with the Lead Pastor and Executive Team to ensure all services and additional New Walk programming is in alignment with the vision of the church and value of “excellence”.
· Pursue spiritual growth in self, and in partnership with the Lead Pastor, foster spiritual development in staff and others.
· Based on the needs and discretion of the lead pastor, preach and teach at various times throughout the year.
· Participate in New Walk’s pastoral care community, responding to needs and offering support on behalf of the Lead Pastor and the Church.
· Spiritually mature, surrendered Christian, modeling a whole life commitment to a lived Christian faith and the mission and values of the church.
· Qualities consistent with the scriptural requirements of elder, and a demonstrated character of integrity, credibility, and sound ethics.
· A pastor at heart, with a commitment to servant leadership.
· Gifted in administrative and organizational leadership.
· Experience working with a variety of diverse groups of people.
· Long-standing knowledge in leadership development.
· A working knowledge of both large and small budget/financial management.
· Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
· Demonstrated self-discipline, self-motivation, and results-oriented contribution.
· Skilled in both verbal and nonverbal communication.
· Highly adaptable and resilient, with the ability to navigate well through change.
· Ability to recognize and support staff needs alongside the Senior Pastor.
· Pragmatic problem solver who is energized by challenges and the ability to identify untapped opportunities.
If you believe God is calling you to be a part of New Walk Church, we invite you to submit application material (including a current resume and references). For consideration send material to: firstname.lastname@example.org.