About City Hope Church:
City Hope Church is a 3 year old ARC church plant in Southern Illinois. Since launching in February of 2012, City Hope has grown from a launch team of 35 people to an average attendance of nearly 600 on Sundays with 3 worship experiences in a permanant
facility. As a young growing church, we are now looking for a growing leader to join the team in the Worship ministry and live life with us. We have posted the Job Description below, but the ideal person would be someone who is a high capacity leader, can
build and lead teams, create exciting and passionate worship experiences, and ensure high quality production. Additionaly, since we are in a small city and planning for other locations in other small cities in the future, a love for small ciites is a must!
Feel free to respond through this site, or send resumes to email@example.com if you feel like it might be a good fit for you.
Title: Worship Pastor
Purpose: The Worship Pastor cultivates a life giving, passionate and skillful worship experience at City Hope Church through the leadership of a their worship and media teams.
Reports To: Lead Pastor
- Full Time Paid Salary
- Permanent Position
- Minimum of 40 hours a week
- Reports to Lead Pastor
- Knowledge of overall operation of the Worship/Media/Production Department
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Minimum of 3 years of worship leading in a local church
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to learn and use Planning Center Online software.
- Ability to learn and use Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Proficiency in voice and piano or guitar.
- Ability to create, coordinate and lead a worship experience with a team.
- Working knowledge of Audio, Video and Lighting.
- Lead and equip a healthy worship team
- Staff Meetings
- Monthly Team Night (4th Wednesday night of month)
- Pastor worship team members
- Educate yourself on how other churches are doing it
- Web searches
- Constantly Improving teams, systems and structures
- Attend all major church events
- Performance will be measured based upon the staff core values of CHC
- 90 Day Review
- Yearly Review
- Ephesians 4:11-13. Develop a team that is fully qualified to serve the Lord by serving one another.
- Participate in all Production/creative meetings.
- Oversee all worship and musical elements for the church.
- Manage planningcenteronline.com. Ensure that materials for the band are online at the appropriate time.
- Manage the Scheduling of musicians and worship leaders for weekend services and any special services that might occur.
- Manage band rehearsals.
- Ensure that the band is able to play songs with excellence.
- Identify, invite, mentor, and empower leaders to be a part of the Worship, Production, and Creative ministry.
- Serve as the primary worship leader.
- Be willing to lead in other environments as necessary.
- Take key leaders to other services, conferences and meetings that will help equip them for the work of the ministry.
- Communicate with other worship pastors and watch other church services to gain insight and develop ways to improve the effectiveness of the worship experience.
- Develop band and other vocalists for the services at CHC.
- Work with Staff for for planning and implementation.
- Facilitate all communication via planning center.
- Oversee the chords, charts, and arrangement for worship sets.
- Positive attitude
- Heart of a servant
- Empower others to be successful and comfortable letting others lead.
- Share in fulfilling the vision of CHC.
- High capacity multi-tasking individual comfortable with working independently.
- Strong written / oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high pressure environment.