This is a part-time positions (15 hours per week).
Cornerstone Christian Fellowship is a large bible-teaching church with three sites, the main location in Chandler, AZ and the multi-site locations in San Tan Valley, AZ and Scottsdale, AZ. Our mission is to Reach the Phoenix area for Christ and produce fully
devoted followers of Christ. Our vision is To "do" church in a way that reflects the community and offers real answers to life, while remaining true to God's Word. In 1995, Pastor Linn Winters and his wife Lisa came to Chandler with two other couples to plant
a church with three focus areas: Teach God’s Word in a way that is practicable and relevant, Worship authentically -- in a way that supersedes singing in church and becomes how we live our lives and to be a place where kids would want to come to church. Since
1995, the church has grown into 7000 member and attenders each week. With dozens of ministries focusing on specific needs of both the community and the body of believers at Cornerstone, we continue seeking to follow in the footsteps of Christ.
The Worship Leader/Coordinator will point people towards Jesus through the medium of art and music by overseeing the vision, planning, execution and overall quality of the worship gatherings within Student Ministries along with and under the leadership of
the Worship Director. They will also oversee the Student Ministry band and build strong volunteer teams.
They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing
to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of our church.
- Lead worship on the weekend within the Student Ministries.
Staff and Volunteer Development
- Help recruit, develop, schedule and lead volunteers.
- Oversee the worship experience and develop band members for Student Ministries.
- Collaborate with ministry directors for the overall direction/programming of worship for Student Ministries.
- Curate and develop background content for the worship gatherings, including motion click track videos to accompany songs.
- Strategically utilize the offered mentorship through the Music and Worship Directors at Cornerstone.
- Collaborate with the Music and Worship Directors to create custom song arrangements, original songs and click tracks.
- Serve as “quality control” for weekend service online assets (PCO, DropBox., etc)
Role Model in Personal Life:
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
- Must have 2 years experience in ministry.
- Proficient understanding of scripture
- Be musically proficient (have an understanding of basic music theory) and be able to lead vocally.
- Have the ability to coach and lead a band.
- Have the ability to create new arrangements of songs (recommended).
- Have the desire and ability to create original music (recommended).
- Be proficient in Planning Center and Pro Presenter.
- Be proficient in Ableton, Sibelius and ProTools (recommended).
- Have the ability to read lead sheets.
- Have the ability to read music (recommended).
Important skills/personal traits
- Have the ability to communicate, lead and engage with the students from a stage setting.
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently, while also being able to function cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.