Cornerstone Christian Fellowship is a large bible-teaching church with three sites, the main location in Chandler, AZ and the multi-site locations in San Tan Valley, AZ and Scottsdale, AZ. Our mission is to Reach the Phoenix area for Christ and produce fully
devoted followers of Christ. Our vision is To "do" church in a way that reflects the community and offers real answers to life, while remaining true to God's Word. In 1995, Pastor Linn Winters and his wife Lisa came to Chandler with two other couples to plant
a church with three focus areas: Teach God’s Word in a way that is practicable and relevant, Worship authentically -- in a way that supersedes singing in church and becomes how we live our lives and to be a place where kids would want to come to church. Since
1995, the church has grown into 7000 member and attenders each week. With dozens of ministries focusing on specific needs of both the community and the body of believers at Cornerstone, we continue seeking to follow in the footsteps of Christ.
The Associate Director in Student Ministries provides support and spiritual shepherding for Cornerstone’s ministry to Students. They partner with the Student Ministry Pastor to create an exciting, fun, challenging and growing ministry that engages all students.
The Directors will oversee volunteer management, trips/events, and production of weekend services.
They should lead by example, and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. They should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing
to put the needs of others in front of their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of our church.
- Enlist, equip, and empower a team of volunteers to own and lead the 5th/6th Grade Ministry and invest in the lives of 5th/6th Grade students.
- Process all volunteer applications and determine appropriate fit in which to serve. Complete all onboarding for new volunteers.
- Be a primary communication point with volunteers throughout their time of service.
- Partner with the Student Pastor to execute an annual calendar of events for the Student Ministry.
- Invest in ongoing large and small group environments, mission trips, retreats, and outreach events.
- Oversee all logistics for trips and events.
- Manage and update student ministry website.
- Administrative duties as assigned by ministry director.
- Oversee and produce the front-end of weekend service.
- Emcee the weekend services, including announcements.
- Collaborate with the ministry pastor in the planning and evaluation of weekend services.
Role Model in Personal Life
- Model the qualifications of an elder (1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- Model biblical community in his relationships (Matt 5:23-24, Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:25-32).
- Model biblical family life before the body (Eph 5:22-6:4).
- Model biblical integrity in all things (1 Tim 6:11-12).
- 3 – 5 years of practical ministry experience.
- Experience leading a student ministry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped him/her for vocational ministry, preferred.
- Must align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship.
- Must be a member of Cornerstone Christian Fellowship who supports the vision and values.
Important skills/personal traits
- Naturally gifted to be detail oriented.
- Teachable with a willing spirit to learn.
- Socially poised and confident, able to speak to large and small groups.