FPC is currently looking for a full-time Assistant Worship Leader for our Modern Style Worship service. We seek to have a service that focuses on reaching the next generations for Christ through high energy passionate worship that focuses on giving glory
to God and inspiring our community.
FPC is aligned with the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO) and is Jesus-centered, Bible-based and evangelism centered. The purpose of FPC is 'To save the unsaved'. We have grown from little more than 200 in worship to around 2000, with a dynamic
worship ministry and 2 locations. The church is very unified; the people buy the vision; relationships are a top priority. See www.fpcsalinas.org for worship examples and ministries.
- A team player that demonstrates a passion for Christ and His Kingdom through personal spiritual discipline and public ministry.
- Seeks to grow in a relationship with Christ through personal spiritual discipline, education, accountability and service to His Kingdom.
- Experience: At least 1 year of leading a congregation in public worship, with a commitment of seeking to grow in that area, through further training.
- Musical skills: Ability to lead worship while playing the guitar. Preference would be given to those with the following additional skills: choir direction, keyboard playing abilities.
- Education: At least 1 year of biblical & ministry education at the collegiate level preferred, though not absolutely necessary.
- Knowledge of studio recording and recording gear is preferred.
- Ability to read and write music. Knowledge of finale or similar program to help write scores.
- Work with the Creative Arts Director to create a well planned and prayerful worship sets.
- To help coordinate all musical aspects of the worship service.
- Assist the Musical Director in leading praise band, singers, and congregation in worship at or weekly Sunday morning service.
- Any necessary rehearsals; likely a weekly evening rehearsal and Sunday morning warm-up/review, which should be completed before 9am.
- Co-lead weekly worship with our team of Worship Leaders.
- Help advance the service through the use of stems and other new technologies. Responsible to produce, prepare and train volunteers for Sunday Services.
- Recruit new vocalists and instrumentalists as needed. Periodically review all instruments to make sure that they are in good working order. If anything needs repaired or to purchase new instruments, it must be approved by the Creative Arts Director.
- Mix weekly services to post on our website and play on our TV broadcast.
- Help produce our annual Christmas Show. Help create, produce and rehearse special music segments.
- Write and score orchestrations for our special events.
- Any additional duties as agreed upon by the Creative Arts Director.